VT- Cԋαρƚҽɾ 1

RECAP

"You said to Prince Greatroar-"

"Don't forget the past? I remember, I'm not much older than you, I'm only nine." Shocked faces met their reply. "I remember it all like it was yesterday...which in a way, it was."

PRESENT(...ish?)

No one really ever expected to see much in the ocean except islands and water. But here there was mountains, looming out over the clean blue waters. A circle of mountains, and at their center a large island. The outer edge was covered by hundreds of great sequoia trees. It looked as though the trees covered the entire island.

But they weren't.

Vines and leaves were properly covering the rest of the island, a large net of vines with leaves and leafy foliage as well as some epiphytes here and there on top. It would be a perfect hiding place for a secret group...

But it wasn't.

A small NightWing flew towards the island, brown with black spots taking the shape of ink puddles, on these "puddles" there were stars, just as the wings of this small dragon. Light brown antennae attached to their head, blown back by the crisp wind, SilkWing wings with stars dappling them like a night sky, forming constellations here and there. This was Validityfinder, they used they/he pronouns and were a Silk.NightWing hybrid.

"Almost there, V, keep going..." they told themself, "...it's just up ahead."

_time skip_

Validity walked in between the large sequoia trees on the island border, taking them in with awe. "Hello! You must be Validity!" A RainWing materialized in front of them. Validity leapt back in shock, "Who are you?!" The RainWing giggled." "I am May! Your guide around Shaded Trees! An~d your best friend!" May scales changed to a pastel green with orange and red flecks. Validity recognized her now. "Oh! May! I was looking for you!" They hugged each other. "It's good to see you again!" May said, "I was sad when I had to come here but you're here now! Isn't that great?" Validity nodded, leaping in the sky and flying circles around May. "I'm still way smaller than you, and I still can't read..." he pouted, "...but I will be able to, right?"

"Of course!" May said. "Now come on, it's time to do my real job, touring you." Validity frowned. "Oh don't worry! We'll catch up on the way!" Validity cheered and May ran off, they followed her in air as she was on land.

And they went on the exciting adventure that was Shaded Trees Academy.

I changed V's pronouns to they/he, also I will be posting a guide to the Islands sometime this week as well as pictures of STA so do not fear if I use less explanation on and on in the story.

Published: 11/21/22