8

31 October 1994
Birmingham, England
Madeline Summers POV:

In the coffee shop.

We approached the burnt sienna cafe on the corner of the street, only a few buildings from the hotel we slept in last night. It was named 'Spice Brewery' and it was, interior-wise, all Halloween themed.
When it wasn't October, it'd change back to yellow in colour, but all year round it always held an autumn vibe about it.

My dad used to take me to this cafe every Saturday when I was an adolescent, a short train ride and a short walk- yet it was so worth it.
The moment we stepped into the cafe, the warm scent of fresh bread and coffee beans, igniting a sense of euphoric nostalgia through me.

"I remember this cafe from when I was a kid." I smiled to myself, hanging by the door as Damon was wiping his feet on the pumpkin mat.
"Well it better be good then," he joked. "What do you want? I'll pay for it."

"No.. I couldn't possibly let you pay." I dismissed.

"Just let me treat you! If I didn't want to pay I wouldn't have said it. Come on, what do you want to drink and eat?" He insisted rather persistently, almost in a begging kind of way.

"Okay mister.." I grinned, "could I get a caramel latte? Oh, and a lemon purée muffin!"

"Your wish is my command. Find us a seat, yeah?" He shrugged his coat off and handed it over to me, trekking to the front counter with his hands wedged in his Jean pockets.
I found a little two seater table in the very corner of the cafe, no one else around there. It was like this table was made for us.

I sat in the chair where my back would be against the frosted glass pane.

He pointed to the menu hanging above his head, as well at stammering on his words a bit and having to be corrected all the time because of it.
He payed for it and sat down opposite me quickly, smiling curtly as if we didn't just sleep in the same bed last night.

I grinned at him, "You're in a good mood today."
"I'm in a good mood because I woke up next to you love." He laughed, though it seemed sincere before.
"You're too kind, I am definitely not pretty enough to put you in a good mood."
"Why do you doubt yourself? Your name and your appearance is beautiful. Your personality is addicting and I feel infatuated with you. How could you not make me happy?"

Damon was so cute when he was happy- it made me happy. His smile was small and polite, unless he pulled out one of his award winning smirks.
"Here are your drinks and foods, enjoy." A manly voice snapped me out of my unknowing stare towards Damon.

"Thank you." Damon and I replied simultaneously, bursting into a fit of laughter at our unison.
"Why you copying me for!" I accused, rubbing my watery eyes.
"Why are you copying me!" He shrieked over the small chatter of the cafe.

I blew on the latte a few times, stiring it and tapping it lightly on the side of the China plate. Quickly, I drank majority of the drink, my lips just subconsciously stuck around the glass, wanting more beverage to aid my sore throat.
"You wanted to come all the way down here to eat, but now that you're presented with food- you go and bloody drink your whole latte within five seconds and dismiss the food set in front of you!" He had a mixed look of concern and confusion, his bewitching smile breaking out.