13. Final Goodbye

Beginne am Anfang

However, there were two things that confused me. The first thing was that the Herrscher in me, who was still asleep. Somehow it was strange not to hear her anymore. I also knew that I had to think about a name for her. The second thing was that almost every time I trained without Elysia I saw Kalpas. But now he was the one who ignored me. Or at least he left me alone. Even though I wanted him to leave me alone, it bothered me. ,,He probably thinks I'm so weak that I'm not even worth fighting him again...'' I muttered bitterly as I drew my bow to aim. I inhaled and exhaled deeply as I released my arrow and it hit my target directly.

,,That was a really good shot~" spoke Elysia, who suddenly stood behind me. ,,Where did you come from?" I asked, startled. ,,From the lobby." Elysia answered playfully. ,,Haha, very funny. Is something wrong?" I asked. ,,Mei wants to talk to you. And she looks even more serious than usual. It's really a pity that she never really smiles.'' Elysia replied, pulling me along. ,,Hey Elysia, can I ask you something?" I started. ,,Of course, that's what I'm here for.'' ,,What does it mean when Kalpas ignores someone?" I asked. ,,Hmm... Good question. Usually he always rejects people in his own way and defeats them in battle. Why?" Elysia explained. ,,I don't know. When I train here alone, he sometimes comes by, but he doesn't say anything and seems to ignore me," I answered, sounding like an idiot. I really don't know why it's bothering me so much.... ,,This really doesn't sound like Kalpas...'' Elysia pondered. ,,But don't worry, I will talk to him!" she added with motivation. ,,What?! You don't have to!" I said quickly to change her mind, but it was too late.

As soon as Elysia and I arrived in the lobby, a giggling Mobius walked past me. ,,Mei I found Yuki~'' Elysia greeted and pulled me through the lobby. ,,Thank you Elysia," Mei thanked me. Elysia nodded and left us alone. ,,So what's up?" I asked calmly. ,,I want to take you somewhere. It's about something you should know." Mei explained and she looked... exhausted. ,,Are you really okay?" I asked worriedly. ,,More or less...'' Mei admitted.

It was strange to walk through the tunnel again which led out of the Elysian Realm. I had even forgotten the fact that everyone there is just a simulation. Yet they all felt like real people. I didn't even notice that we were already outside the World Serpent HQ. Only when Mei's dragon appeared in front of me did I realize it. ,,Are you sure I can go?" I asked, a little intimidated by the look of her dragon. ,,Of course. Kurikara won't hurt you," Mei assured me and held out her hand, which I took. When I sat on Kurikara, I got a strange feeling in my body again. ,,Was that Benares before?" I asked. ,,Yes, how did you...?'' ,,I still sensed some emotions though weakly, but they are still the same as in Nagazora.'' I explained. Mei nodded and turned forward again. When Kurikara lifted its wings, I quickly held onto Mei before we were high in the air.

 When Kurikara lifted its wings, I quickly held onto Mei before we were high in the air

It was night when we arrived at our destination. Mei asked me to wait briefly at Kurikara, because she still had to get something. While I waited, I sat down on the grass and looked up at the clear sky. Cautiously, I noticed that Kurikara was nudging me. Hesitantly, I raised my hand and stroked the dragon's head. It seemed that Kurikara was relaxing and I continued to pat the dragon. ,,I never thought I would pat a dragon in my life..." I murmured smiling. When I heard footsteps in the distance I stopped patting the dragon, who snorted in response and stood up. To my amazement, Mei had a bouquet of flowers in her hand. ,,What are the flowers for?" I asked, confused. ,,Let me show you," Mei answered calmly. A little nervously I followed her. After a while, we came to a stop in front of a marble table, which was standing open here.