Ignoring your partner, you hurriedly washed the rest of the dishes. Your heart was beating rapidly, afraid of the next words that would leave his mouth.

Haruchiyo stared at you pitifully. He tightened the hug and kissed the top of your head. "I know you are feeling upset right now, (Y/n)."

You froze on your spot, horror dawned over your face. Haruchiyo placed his palms on your stomach, tracing circular motion gently to reassure you. He was smiling reassuringly as a way to provide comfort.

"But you don't have to worry anymore. I believe you will be a good mother- no, the greatest mother in universe for our future children. I have seen the way you care for Chiyo...and that baby you saved earlier. No doubt you will make as a great mother, love."

Haruchiyo thought he was able to console you. He saw how you moved slightly in response to his remarks. "So believe in yourself, okay? We both will become the best parents ever-"

"Enough."

The sternness in your voice sent shivers down to his spine. You forcefully untangled Haruchiyo's arms from your body and took a few steps away from Haruchiyo. He watched you, immense disbelief evident in his gaze.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore." You prohibited, clenching your fist tightly. Sweat rolled down the side of his face. You were about to walk away but Haruchiyo gripped your wrist. "Wait! What's exactly wrong? Please tell me, love."

"This whole discussion about parenthood... Stop talking about this shit."

"Why? Isn't this the best time to think of parenthood? We are getting married soon-"

"Stop with your delusion, Haru!"

You yanked your hand off of his gentle grip. Turning to face him, Haruchiyo was heartbroken as he saw you raging with anger. You screamed at him from the top of your lungs venomously,

"It's impossible! You and me, we aren't NORMAL! A couple of criminals having kids?! Are you insane?!"

Haruchiyo felt like his heart was crushed to pieces. You had never raised your voice at him.

"Having kids is fucking troublesome and burdening. I'm not doing that."

"No, you're wrong. We can work things out! I bet we can figure out ways to keep our kids safe and sound, (Y/n).."

"Enough, Haru."

"Why can't you listen to me first? For us to have kids isn't impossible!"

"It IS IMPOSSIBLE!"

"Why are you even saying this-"

"I AM INFERTILE!"

Unable to bear the heavy feelings in your chest, you unintentionally blurted out the secret you swore to not tell anyone. Haruchiyo's eyes widened in astonishment, totally caught off guard by your unexpected exclamation.

Seeing his speechlessness, realization hit your mind. Fear instantly fell over your face, your mind racing with the worst thoughts you could think of. Tears pooled in your eyes as he locked his gaze with yours.

"Love-"

"Stay away from me!"

You hurriedly ran away from him and rushed into your shared bedroom with Haruchiyo. Slamming the door shut brutally, you locked the door after that. Chiyo walked toward the bedroom door and meowed loudly, begging for you to open it. He stretched up his upper body and clawed on the door, sadness glimmering in his eyes.

Haruchiyo slowly made his way toward Chiyo then picked him up. The black-white cat stared at him confusedly. He couldn't handle this heart-wrenching sight. "Sorry, Chiyo. Mama is sad right now. He stroked Chiyo's fur to soothe his nerve. The feline looked restless without your presence. He stared at Haruchiyo back sorrowfully and meowed at him.