Chapter 5: Unexpected Incident.

It had been one day ago before y/n was introduced to the band. Gwen was working as a secretary at Oscorp. harry had offered her the job and she had gladly accepted. she was typing away on the computer as always when she suddenly noticed something on her desk. 

Gwen: is that...a spider?

Gwen was surprised. she went to swat it off of her work space when it suddenly jumped onto her hand. Gwen let out a gasp before the spider bit her. she hissed in pain before swatting the arachnid. it seemed to have died after biting Gwen. She got a tissue before grabbing the dead spider and throwing it into the trash.

Gwen: ew, ew, ew. so gross.

Gwen sighed before getting back to work. after a few hours, she noticed that the hand that the spider had bit was starting to itch. 

now we come to the present where Gwen has just gotten home after being dropped off by the bus. she enters the house and starts to go to her room before being stopped by her dad.

George: hey Gwendolyn! how was school?

Gwen: hey dad. it was good...

George: you okay? you look a little flushed.

Gwen: I think I might be a little sick. I'm gonna go to my room and rest for a bit.

Gwen went straight to her room after that and flopped down onto her bed.

-----MEANWHILE-----

Y/n and his mom were eating at home when there was suddenly a knocking at their door.

Y/n: I'll get it.

y/n got up and went over to the door. he opened it to reveal his neighbor from across the street.

Miles: hey y/n! my mom wanted to know if M/n would be up for giving her more cooking lessons.

Miles Morales and his family had moved in across the street about a year ago. he's only 12 years old and he goes to the same middle school that y/n used to go to when he was his age.

Y/n: hey miles. I'll go ask mom if she's up for it. 

miles and y/n became friends almost instantly when they first met. they had similar interests and they were both smart kids. y/n went up to his mother and told her about the cooking lessons.

M/n: Heh, looks like Rio's still struggling. tell miles that I'll go over to their house right away after I'm done eating.

y/n nodded before going back to miles.

Y/n: my mom said that she'll be over there in a bit.

Miles: aight, cool...uh, also, do you have the next season of fresh prince? I already finished watching the last one that you gave me.

Y/n: yeah, I have it. want me to lend it to you?

Miles: yes, please!

y/n gave miles the next season of fresh prince of bel-air before M/n came up to them.

M/n: alright, I'll be going now. Try not to mess up the house while i'm gone.

y/n: got it, take care! 

M/n and miles went off to the house. y/n closed the door before heading up to his room and putting on his spidey suit and swinging out.