0-10: Recess Escalation (Leader 1 & Spider 10)

Start from the beginning

Okazami Kanami and I have both tried to stop Merei Shinohara but it's no use.

It certainly doesn't help that Hiiro Wakaba doesn't mind and never stands up for herself.

Merei Shinohara these days usually just insults Hiiro Wakaba while her goons watch.

So there is no more hiding or destroying Hiiro Wakaba's belongings now at the very least.

Savour the small victories, I guess.

Merei Shinohara: "I am so sick of this!"

Merei Shinohara exclaimed and grabbed Hiiro Wakaba's arm, dragging her up and away from her seat.

Uh oh!

As Okazami Kanami and I feared, things have escalated.

I am about to step in myself when someone else does it before me.

???: "Hey! What do you think you're doing?!"

Huh? It's Kyouya Sasajima.

This is a surprise, he is normally a rather laidback, friendly and gentle person.

This is the first time I heard him raise his voice.

Merei Shinohara: "This doesn't involve you!"

Merei Shinohara replied, still holding Hiiro Wakaba's arm up.

Kyouya Sasajima: "So what?! It's bad enough you're picking on her everyday, now you're planning on attacking her?! You know what you're doing is wrong, right?!"

Kyouya Sasajima is actually getting very angry about this.

He is one of the few people in school who openly objects to people calling Shouko Negishi 'Rihoko', so I know he has a stronger sense of right and wrong than other people.

But I never expect him to suddenly throw tact to the wayside and become so confrontational.

Merei Shinohara recoils a bit, but soon redirects her anger at Kyouya Sasajima by letting go of Hiiro Wakaba's arm.

Kyouya Sasajima takes a battle stance, ready for a fight.

Are you kidding me?! Things are escalating to that point already?!

This is bad, as class rep I need to stop this!

But once again, someone else stepped in before me, while here I am, feeling awkward.

Aiko Iijima and Kumiko Tonooka grab Merei Shinohara and stop her from moving towards Kyouya Sasajima.

Shunsuke Yamada and Kanata Ooshima are also ready to stop Kyouya Sasajima, but he calms down when Merei Shinohara is stopped by her friends.

Aiko Iijima: "Wakaba's scary, y'know?"

Kumiko Tonooka: "You better not push her much further."

Aiko Iijima and Kumiko Tonooka's warning to Merei Shinohara confuses her, but it seems like the situation is resolved as she soon walks away with them.

Hiiro Wakaba remains expressionless throughout the whole thing, so I understand the impression that she is secretly plotting revenge or something.

But really, she just doesn't care, which is sort of scary in a different way.

I mean, how can one be so detached from their own suffering?