0-3: The Legend of Skanda (Prince 1 & Spider 3)

Start from the beginning

Me and Kanata's characters have better stats than Kyouya's, so we act as the frontlines while Kyouya supports us from behind.

That is despite the fact that Kannata is playing support and me attacker while Kyouya is playing tank, pretty backwards if you think about it.

And naturally, without the proper skillset of a tank, we are barely managing to keep him safe from enemy attacks.

The fight was intense, far more than anything I have experienced before playing any game.

The enemies take so long to go down compared to what I am used to and the damage we receive is so high it nears the one-hit-kill range for Kyouya.

We desperately fend off the enemies, putting all our might into dodging and blocking attacks as best we can while frantically healing each other.

Nerve racking as it is though, it's also pretty fun.

After a while, we strike down the last enemy and complete the quest.

Skanda: [bravo]

I breathe a sigh of relief and Skanda congratulates us on our hard earned victory.

We actually managed to impress someone as famous as Skanda.

I couldn't feel prouder right now.

Then, to our surprise, Skanda sends us friend requests, saying that he wishes to see our progression with this game.

How can we not accept friend requests from Skanda himself?

After the excitement, well, mostly mine, I convince Skanda to retry to quest with us so we can see him in action.

Unlike us, he charges head first into the frey and expertly dodges enemy attacks with nothing less than pixel-perfect precision while never missing an opportunity to attack.

Just how fast and accurate he must be with his controller to be able to put those stunts off?

If there's one thing I want to do with my life, it is to become as skilled as Skanda.

It's the next day.

Me, Kanata and Kyouya are chatting about what happened last night.

Kanata: "So what do you think of Skanda, Kyouya?"

Kanata asked Kyouya, and I am curious too as to what a newcomer to the community thinks of Skanda too.

Kyouya: "Well, him saying things like wanting to watch our progress made it seem like he is our martial arts sensei or something."

"Oh! You think he will teach us how to be as good as him?"

I added excitedly, surely a veteran like Skanda will like to mentor less skilled players.

Kanata: "I don't know. He seems more like the type to give cryptic hints and expects his students to figure things out for themselves."

Kanata commented, and I can't say I disagree.

Skanda is a man of few words, rarely ever interacting with other players.

It's a miracle he even sent us friend requests in the first place.

Kyouya: "Actually, don't you guys think it's creepy that he's just gonna watch us?"

Kyouya pointed out.

That's...a good point, it will be kind of awkward, maybe even creepy if Skanda just watches our group in silence.

He is a stranger to us after all, famous or not.