0-1: Lunchtime Jealousy (Vampire 1 & Spider 1)

Start from the beginning

I and many others had thought she was somehow cheating at first, but she is legitimately a genius in the making, a prodigy.

The only subject she isn't good at is PE, or maybe I should say that she doesn't even try at all to be good at it.

Which makes it all the more frustrating that she is the only one I can partner up with during PE, but I am getting off track.

With all that said, she usually only offers a few words of 'advice' at best, as if she expects others to figure things out for themselves.

Because of how generally unhelpful she is, no one asks her for help nowadays, except for the class representative, Kudo, and the spoiled rich kid, Natsume.

The former often turns to Wakaba for help with the logistics of her duties, but I also think she just wants to hang out with a fellow perfectionist in terms of grades.

They work together so often Wakaba is basically the unofficial sub class rep at this point.

And the latter just wants an excuse to spend time with her, but I don't think Wakaba likes him back at all.

In fact, I don't think Wakaba likes anyone, she's probably looking down on everyone.

Between her good looks, good grades and this aura of genuine superiority, she has already won at life.

Right now, she is eating energy bars.

I heard they are expensive, so she is definitely from a rich family.

When mine is below average economically.

She is definitely pragmatic, only focused on the nutrients of her meal.

Combined with everything else, she just comes off as cold-hearted, almost robotically so.

And yet this robot has a much better life than me somehow, somewhy.

However, there is something I don't understand about her at all.

She has apparently rejected the position of honour student and scholarships for her excellent academic performance before coming to high school, which makes no sense!

I mean, have you ever heard of anyone doing that?!

What is her goal here?! Does she not care about her future career or something?!

She can probably do anything, and does nothing.

While I tried so hard to make friends, only to be alienated.

I am doomed to be an outcast while she chooses to be one.

It's not fair! It's not right!

Why does she get to choose while I'm suffering alone?!

Why is she fine with being alone while I'm not?!

She has the freedom of choice thanks to her gifts and does nothing with it, utterly wasting it!

It's not the first time I have these thoughts, and it probably won't stop until high school is over and I stop seeing her.

She just finished eating and looked around the classroom, spotting me looking at her.

I can't bear to look at her pretty face so I turn my glaze back to my food.

Once again, I focus on eating to distract myself from my own plight.

Spider 1:

She just glared at me again.