Chapter 5: Ice Cream and A Plan of Dreams

Start from the beginning

His voice.

Alas, this only work for all of two minutes before Ed's mouth yammering on and on wears down her psyche again and once more her delicate ears are assaulted with idiotic questions.

"Koneko, my rival-"

"What is it?!" Snapped Koneko, turning to Ed with an irritated huff now that she's at her wits' end. It was not at all her intention to snap at somebody like that, Ed least of all, but the white-haired Nekoshou is just so inexorably, utterly annoyed by the auditory torture she is being subjected through that her weary nerves simply could not came up with a calmer response.

"We have arrived at the Student Council office once again!"

Turning her head to one side, Koneko looks up and... exactly like what he just said, they have made a full circle around school andnb had returned to the front door of the office in question. She sucked in a sharp breath, but said nothing as she twist the handle and hold the door open for Ed. "In you go." Again, she did not mean to be so snappy, but all Koneko wants right now is some time for herself to dunk her head into a bucket of icy water, preferably with some parfaits on the side to cool down after this tiresome day.

Like always and evermore, Ed replies with a genuine smile that would easily obliterate most of her bad mood. Not that she'd let it be shown. "Why, thank you my rival! Your chivalry and constancy make even the honorable knights of old green with envy!" He said, giving Koneko a courteous bow to which the Nekoshou merely reciprocates with a curt nod before turning around to leave.

But just as she takes another step however, Ed's large hand land atop her right shoulder. "Wait! Before you leave, may I make a request?"

"Yeah?" Swatting his hand off, albeit gently, she turns around to look up the much taller Ed.

"Could you perhaps wait for me at the gate? There is something I wish to show you once school is finished!"

Koneko doesn't know whether to blame her heart or her head, because she finds herself nodding despite having been exposed enough to Ed's... Ed-ness to last her an entire week. Any more and she may just come down with a case of the freshly-coined Acute Spirit Poisoning, chief symptom being: finding the things that Ed do to be socially acceptable and not out of the ordinary at all.

Oh, she is probably falling ill with that already. Does a treatment exist? Or will she be the helpless patient zero, unable to do much but to succumb to her sickness and become another instance of Ed's overzealous spiritedness?

...Or maybe she just wanted to spend more time with him. As friends, and nothing more. "I don't see why not." Even if she is sick with an entirely fictitious condition, it probably won't be as bad with Ed by her side, despite him being the cause of her (admittedly) insignificant troubles.

"Excellent! Until then, my most spirited rival, we shall part ways!" With no small amount of fervor, Ed marches headlong into the student council office, a gleeful smile rapidly spreading across his face.

"Right..." Koneko watches with little emotion as her boisterous friend disappears through the double doors, though her ears do twitch a bit upon hearing the loud greeting Ed delivers to the hapless Student Council president. The white-haired Nekoshou struggles to hold back a shudder: poor Sona's ears must have been devastated beyond repair.

But alas, there is little Koneko could do to help the Sitri heiress out, given how entering the office right now would equate to her own sensitive ears getting blasted by Ed's overdeveloped vocal cords. And so, muttering a silent apology that Sona would likely live out the rest of her life not hearing, Koneko turns around and leave for the front gate as requested by Ed.