Can You Hear Me As I Cry?

This tale is of a village hidden in the mountains. It's name is Rinmeikan. It is made entirely of infected refugees. A place where everyone must look out for each other.

There is no leader. But they all look up to the only remaining Tomeo. The daughter of their founder.

And of course, her ragtag companions.

Apart, they are quite broken.

Together, they are family.

———————————————————————

"Ichie! Would you stop grabbing her tail!" Fumi scolded, grabbing the lavender haired girl by the collar of her shirt and pulling her away from Rui.

The Perro tucked her tail between her legs, shivering slightly.

"Would you rather I grab yours?" Ichie asked.

"I'd rather you stopped grabbing everyone's tails while we're in the middle of a mission." The blonde hissed.

"Aw, but don't you like when I touch your tail-"

"Shut it." Fumi shot back, her face coloring.

The three behind them simply chuckled at their companions.

Truly, all five of them were a confusing sight.

A polite looking Sarkaz.

A very timid Perro.

A fast moving Pilosa.

The worlds loudest Liberi.

And a grumpy Lupo.

The fact that they were all together and actually getting along was even more baffling. Aside from how much the Lupo appeared to be visually out of place, she seemed to fit right in.

"Remind me why we're out here again?" Yuyuko drawled, rubbing her eyes.

"Someone reported that they saw a camp of bandits out here. Infected. I wish to speak with them and see if they might form an alliance with us." Tamao said.

"You make it sound like you're gathering an army. Also, how do you know that they're gonna cooperate?" Fumi asked, shoving Ichie's face away from her.

"I don't. I can only hope. If they come to Rinmeikan, they won't have to steal anymore. There is plenty for everyone." Tamao responded.

There was a pause.

"I know...but will they know this?" The blonde asked.

Before the bluenette could respond, there was a high pitched yelp from behind her, and then a thud.

Rui now lay in the ground, an arrow sticking out of her shoulder blade.

"Rui!"

"Rui-chan?!"

"Damn bastards. Looks like they came to us." Fumi growled, unsheathing her twin swordbreakers.

They couldn't possibly be at more of a disadvantage. They were in the center of an old valley, and their enemy had the high ground.

Rui couldn't using her Arts enhanced hearing because of the echos, and she was injured.

Ichie couldn't use her voice based arts because it might cause a landslide.

Almost all of them were close range fighters, except for Yuyuko and her kunai.

But she had very powerful wind elemental arts, which meant she could literally give them the high ground.

"Are we doing this now? Do you wanna give Rui a minute?" The Pilosa asked, looking back at the tall brunette who was struggling to get to her feet.

"J-just do it! I can still fight!" Rui said through grit teeth.