Broken Curse And Bones

Present time

Slow classical music danced throughout the room, servers walked around with big trays of glasses filled with the finest champagne. Tonight is the 12th annual celebration of the day Sakaguchi inc. was founded. The patrons wore only the best dresses and suits, the ballroom was decorated with only the finest colours, flowers and paintings.

Everything needs to be perfect, as the heir to Sakaguchi inc. I need to ensure that tonight goes as planned.

'21:03' my watch read, it's almost time for me to play. The hostess made eye contact with me, I excused myself from the table of rival companies and made my way to the stage.

The band moved off the stage and the hostess went to the mic.

"Thank you all for coming to the 12th annual Sakaguchi gala! This year we have a special treat. He graduated top of his class at The Royal Academy of Music in London, four-time award-winning piano prodigy and the heir to Sakaguchi inc. I present to you, [Name] Sakaguchi in his rendition of Nocturnes, op. 9:No 1 in B-flat minor Largetto." She announced, moving off the stage.

The lights in the room dimmed while to spotlight above me grew brighter. I took a deep breath and started playing the opening keys of classical music. I made sure to give my full attention to the piano and not let my mind wander. My fingers gracefully moved on the keys, making sure to not miss a note.

When I had finally reached the end of the song I stood up and bowed with a smile, everyone gave me a round of applause some even threw flowers at my feet, while leaving the stage for the band to go back and do their job some of the potential business partners came up to me and gave me praise on my playing, 'How revolting, I can tell that none of it was genuine, it was only to get on my good side.' I thought as I thanked them.

'The only thing I like about this life of mine is the fact that my future is already set in stone, but even then it is frustrating that my entire life was planned out since birth and I don't have a say in it.' I thought, walking back over to sit with my parents. "Your playing lacked emotion [Name]! You're lucky everyone was pleased, don't let it happen again or else." My mother threatened me in a whisper.

"Of course mother, I promise to get better," I responded giving her a close-eyed smile. She huffed and went back to talking with my father.

Despite being 23, my parents still treated me as a little puppet. I loathed them ever since I became aware that I could have an opinion and choice for what I wanted to do. Being a prodigy is not something as wonderful as humans may think, it's quite depressing, lonely and exhausting, sometimes it's rewarding and fun, and sometimes it's not. It all depends on who teaches you I think, unfortunately, my primary teacher was my mother.

My head is starting to hurt, I folded my arms on the table and rested my head on top of them. A kick from under the table jolted me back up as I was closing my eyes to take my mind off the pounding in my head. "Sit up." My father scolded quietly. "Yes, sir," I responded, sitting up straight and trying to ignore my headache. I made small talk with the others at the table.

Eventually, the pain worsened, so I excused myself to go elsewhere. I went over to the entrance of the venue, and my secretary Lorraine came up to me with some aspirin and water.

"Thank you, Lorraine," I said as I gulped down the pills. "I'm just doing my job, [Name]" She replied walking back to the stage.

I stayed outside for a bit longer, just so the pills could take effect. The cool night air blew causing me to shiver slightly, tonight feels familiar... "It's a nice night out, isn't it?" a deep voice asked.

My body stiffened up and I whipped around to face whoever it was. There standing before me was him...Adam. "It's fine." I shrugged. He smirked and walked closer to me. "Are you cold? Here," He pulled off his jacket and draped it over my shoulders.

The Grim Phantom {Sk8 The Infinity X Male Reader}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें