Hearts and Hooves Day

Start from the beginning

"Did that somepony show up?"

"Nope."

"This is gonna be a blind date. Why not go, Rainbow Dash?" Pinkie Pie said.

"Me? Go? I'm Rainbow Dash! The best and most awesome flyer in all of Equestria! Why would I go on a date?!"

"Well, aren't you curious about who your special somepony is?" Twilight spoke up.

"Um.. I guess I am a bit curious," I admitted.

"Then it's settled! Meet us at my boutique at 5:30 PM for your dress and make-up. Ta-ta, dear." And with that, they left my cloud mansion.

I sighed. I wanted to know who was this special somepony. I was excited, but at the same time depressed. If this got into the paper stating that: "Rainbow Dash is In Love," I'd be dead. I decided to get some fresh air. So, I went out of my house and landed on a cloud.

I could kill some time by sleeping, but it's only 10:00. Hmm...I could go to the castle and ask Twilight if I can borrow the latest Daring Do book. Then, I can head back home and read it with some tea. And at 5:30, I'll go to Rarity's for the dress and make-up...

I did a quick stretch and opened my wings. "First stop, Friendship Castle!"

*******************************************************************************

<Soarin's POV>

"Are you sure you want to do this? No offense, but, you're the last pony I expected in the elite squad to get a date on Hearts and Hooves Day," Fleetfoot told me.

"Ugh...YES!!!" I replied in an irritated manner, "How many times do I have to tell you? I just have a huge crush on her, but I'm just too scared to tell her personally."

"Cheer up. Here's some advice-"

"That I don't even need," I interrupted while rolling my eyes.

"Suit yourself." Then she left.

"Finally! Time to get my tuxedo."

Fleetfoot came back and said, "Wait a minute. I forgot to say something."

"Now what?!"

"20 bits says Rainbow Dash rejects you."

"You're on!"

"Good luck!" And with that, she left.

"I better fly off to Carousel Boutique in Ponyville to get my tuxedo."

*******************************************************************************