Grim darted ahead of her. "Hey check out all the ripe fruit!" He waved his paws at some oddly colored fruits hanging from some trees.

"Don't eat things if you don't know what they are." She warned him, though she wondered if anything could actually hurt him after the strange rock he ate the night before.

Just then, she felt something move under her foot, along with hearing a grunt of pain. She jumped back startled as a young man jumped to his feet, pulling back his tufted tail from where she'd stepped on it.

He had long brown hair and tan skin. He was a beastman, with lion ears and a tail. A large scar over his left eye gave him an edgy appearance. His emerald eyes glared at her as she stepped back.

"You've got some nerve steppin' on my tail!" He growled as he dusted himself off.

"Oh! I'm terribly sorry! Are you ok?! I can get you a bandage if you need it?" Celeste said eyeing his tail.

The man's ears twitched as he narrowed his eyes. "No, I don't need a bandage. Just nothing worse than being in the middle of a good nap and then someone stomps on your tail." He huffed before giving her a curious look.

"You're the girl from orientation that had her magic sealed." He stepped closer and sniffed her. "What a strange scent... Never smelled one like it before..."

"Hey, are you the groundskeeper? I don't think you should go around sniffing students pal." Grim said puffing out his chest as he looked up at the beastman.

The man gave him an annoyed look and opened his mouth for a retort but was interrupted by a voice from behind her.

"Leona! There you are!" Another beastman was walking towards them. He was a hyena beastman with fluffy blonde hair and grey eyes. He gave her a curious glance but focused on Leona who swished his tail in annoyance.

"I knew I'd find you here! We got after-school classes today remember?" He said walking up to them.

Leona groaned. "... Now I've got this guy on my tail..." He grumbled pushing some of his braided hair aside.

The other boy ignored Leona's sour mood. "Leona, you've already had to repeat one year. If you get held back again we'll be in the same grade!"

"Oh put a sock in it already. I'm tired of all yer yappin' Ruggie." Leona snapped at him.

Ruggie flattened his ears in irritation. "Look, you think I like always being on your case? C'mon man, you act like it's so hard for you. You could skate through life if you just try. C'mon, let's go already!" Ruggie gestured for him to follow him and Leona looked back at her.