One

Hey guys! So this is the first chapter of my new series. It's about a psychic. I know, cool right? I always wanted to be psychic.....

Anyway, I decided on Elizabeth Gillies for Cassie. I posted a pic for you! 

Comment, vote, fan, do whatever you like. Peace out! Enjoy!

___________________________

When I dreamed about the dead guy, no one believed me. Not my parents, not even the police. Well, at first, anyway. I mean, come on, I knew my parents never really accepted my psychic abilities, although I'd proven it to them time and time again. I had even pointed out the irony in having the name Cassandra. Yet still, after time and time again, they would refuse to believe me. Well, this time I would show them.

You see, my older brother Chris is a police officer. He's twenty-five and super smart. Chris and his best friend, Logan Ford, had joined the Police Academy when they turned twenty-one. It's all they had wanted to do. I always wanted to be a cop too, but I didn't want to do all the work that came with it. You know, the traffic patrol, the driving around, bored out of my mind. I wanted action, car chases, and good ol' crime solving.

So I, Cassie Philips, in all my twenty-two years of age, was determined to solve crime. I just had a different method for doing so: psychicism. At least, that's what I like to call it.

When I awoke in the middle of the night, I was clutching my head and sweating like a pig. Glancing at the clock, I saw that it was a little past midnight. To my right, Lacey was sleeping soundly. I picked up my pillow and threw it at her.

"What the—" Lacey shouted, sitting up and looking at me. "What the hell was that for?" She looked at my face. "Oh, again?"

"Yeah, again. It's not a one-time thing, you know," I said indignantly. "Will you come with me?"

She looked at me like I was crazy. "Cassie, its midnight! I'm going to bed. I've got work in the morning. You must be out of your damn mind," she grumbled, laying back down and falling back to sleep.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Chris' number. On the third ring, he picked up.

"What?" he said annoyed.

"What's up, big bro?" I started, casually. "So, you'll never guess what I just drea—"

"No."

"No?"

"No."

"Come on Chris, please? You're the only one who believes me. I mean, besides Lacey and Logan. I'm desperate! I can tell you exactly what he's wearing and where he is. I can even tell you how he died. Please, please, please!" I begged.

He sighed, dramatically. "Fine. But you're not coming with me. Just tell me everything and I'll call it in."

"What? No way, I'm coming with you and that's final."

"And what are you going to tell the police when they ask you how you knew he was there?" he asked.

Damn. He had me there. "I'll say I was jogging and stumbled across the body."

"Who jogs at midnight?"

Ugh. You know, sometimes I hated my brother being a cop. He was sharp, attuned to details. I was too, but he was trained to notice little details. Not that jogging at midnight was a little detail. I'd say that's a pretty big red flag. "Oh yeah? Well what will you tell the police?"

"That the station received an anonymous tip."

Oh. "Fine. I won't go. I'll tell you everything you need to know."