Chapter 2

Matteo
"You don't get it." I tell Rocco. He's going to kill me. It's been too many times this past month.

"No, I don't fucking get it Matteo. They won't release you?" He asks.

Like I said. Im fucked.

"No." I tell him and he sighs.

"It's fine it's just Matteo. He's fine. Yeah he's been in for a few hours, they won't release him. I've gotta go and sort him out. You haven't even eaten yet." I'm assuming he's talking to his girlfriend, Rosie. They're sickly in love and out of all of us I least expected it from Rocco but what else can you do?

"I'm on my way. Are you at the same precinct?" He asks.

"Yeah." I admit.

"Alright, I'll be there soon." He ends the call and I get taken back to a holding cell with other offenders.

The things is, I'm not even getting arrested for the rights things.

Tonight is the perfect example. Well I don't even know the time anymore, the sun has come out though, anyway. I got arrested for public lewdness and they're holding me here because they've seen me 'more often then they like' this past month. Boring. Imagine how they would react if they knew how often I got away with murder.

It takes a very very very long time for Rocco to arrive.

"Ricci. Move it." An officer tells me. I push myself off of the bench and over to him. I follow him out to Rocco. But it isn't just Rocco this time, he's brought Rosie and David, our lovely lawyer who is also a family friend?

He's my cousin's, wife's, best friend's, dad.

"Let's go." Rocco says handing me back my stuff.

"I'll meet you at my office." David tells Rocco and Rocco just nods.

"Thank you." Rosie smiles at him before we split and head to the cars.

I climb into the back seat of Rocco's SUV we sit in silence. I'm used to Rocco's silence anyway, especially when he's driving. He's not very talkative.

"You hungry?" Rocco asks as he hold Rosie's hand.

"Starving." I say and Rosie just laughs.

"I wasn't talking to you." Rocco tells me with an eye roll. He glances at Rosie as she brings his hand up to her face and rests her head on it.

"I am kinda hungry." She admits and he nods.

Soon after Rocco is pulling over at a McDonald's. Being in New York City, we aren't fortunate enough to have many drive ins. Especially not here in Manhattan. I don't even think we have any.

Rocco stops the car before spinning back to me.

"What do you want?" He asks. Thank god he's not going to make me starve in punishment.

"Burrito meal." It's still breakfast time. I'll take a breakfast burrito right now.

"Okay. Do not leave the car. We'll be five minutes. Behave." He gets out of the car and so does Rosie. He wait for Rosie before they both head into McDonald's.

I lean forward to connect my phone to the aux and start playing some music. Rocco is very boring, he doesn't often listen to music when he drives.

I lean back in the back seat and just bob my head to the music.

I'm ready for bed now, it's been a long night.

Maybe if I'm really lucky Rocco and Rosie will let me stay at their place.