Chapter 1: The Mission

After defeating the Monstrox virus and its army of technological monsters and fending off the infinite army of Oni in Ninjago and Knighton, the longed-for peace finally came.

Time in both kingdoms flowed peacefully and without fear for the next day, when still around the corner lurked ominous, savage beasts of the evil sorcerer or dark demons from another dimension that were recently considered myth or figures from legends.

The heroes of these lands known recently as the League of Super Heroes got their coveted time to rest and recuperate after hard clashes.

However, those days of rest had already lasted too long according to the opinion of a senior Spinjitzu Master. Master Wu was disappointed with his students, who had turned from agile, hard-working heroes into terrible slackers. 

Master Wu, as befits a ninja master called them all in for a talk and told them to find an occupation that would prove to him that the ninjas had not lost their claw and will to fight. The ninjas, though reluctantly, decided to look for an occupation that would be worthy of them, but to no avail.

After all, where do you find evil when there is none? The villains were defeated and sent to prison, the thieves were easy to catch and were no challenge at all. The ninjas even tried to help the Ninjago police, but there was nothing for them either.

Unless they had to deal with sorting through files from police actions of yesteryear in appropriate binders. Even the bravest, strongest heroes didn't stand a chance against the sharp edges of the pages.

They returned to the monastery, all inches from the paper jams and sticky notes on their backs. They plopped down on the living room floor and decided to call their friend (Y/N), who now lives in Knighton with her family.

- Hey, guys! How are you doing? - she asked cheerfully, writing something on a piece of paper.

Until now, she had kept her eyes on the paper and hadn't noticed their current state. Since she had become Princess of another kingdom, King Halbert decided that cooperation and alliance between them would be good. He sent her more and more different documents and papers to fill out, which she obediently filled out.

- Hi (Y/N). Honestly? Terrible! I can't feel my hands anymore. - groaned Jay and put his face into the pillow as he lay on his stomach on the couch.

The corners of mouth (T/N) lifted slightly and she looked at them with a smile, but immediately jumped up and gasped in shock as she looked at their, "injuries".

- For Merlok the Magicman! What happened to you guys!? - she asked shocked.

- We were dealing with perhaps the worst evil in all of Ninjago. - replied Cole, bowed his head.

- What do you mean? - she asked in a worried tone.

- Office work. - They all groaned simultaneously. 

(Y/N) raised an eyebrow before she sighed in relief and shook her head with a smile. - Let me guess, sharp paper.