XX. STAND TALL

Začít od začátku

Julie walked back into the building with new determination. She walked past Flynn, Skyler, and Rob, pausing between them for a moment.

"Signs!" Julie holds up the flower before she grabbed Skyler's hand and continuing to the stage, ignoring Flynn calling for her.

"Julie, wait!" Skyler paused, making Julie stop on her tracks. "What are you doing?"

"A show can't perform itself," Julie responded. "We have to do this for the guys. So are you with me or not?"

"Only if you're fully on board with this," Skyler says softly, stroking Julie's knuckles with his thumb. "Are you 100% sure that you wanna do this? Be honest with me."

"Of course," Julie nodded after a long pause.

"Then let's do this. For us and the boys," Skyler said confidently, squeezing Julie's hand to comfort the girl.

Julie smiled and the two teens walked out on stage. She stood behind the keyboard while Skyler adjusted his guitar strap. Julie laid the flower down on the piano.

"Welcome to Live at the Orpheum," a voice boomed from the speakers. "Now give it up, for Julie and the Phantoms!"

Julie grabbed the mic from the stand in front of her. She nervously glances at Skyler for a moment.

"We got this," Skyler says with a small nod, Luke's words from before their first performance at school ringing in his head. Julie nodded, feeling her confidence boost up slightly.

"Hi," Julie says, looking at the crowd. "I'm Julie, and this is my boyfriend, Skyler," she introduces, making the crowd go "aw" when she called Skyler her boyfriend. Skyler was surprised to hear her call him that, but he smiled at her.

"Tonight, I'd like to dedicate this song to my mom," Julie starts. "Who's been with me every time I've played. And thank her, for not giving up on me," she says, glancing up at the sky.

"We'd also like to dedicate tonight's performance to, three special friends," Skyler adds, swallowing hard in attempt to get rid of the lump in his throat. "Who have change our lives completely, who have helped us through so much."

"This song is for anyone who's lost their way," Julie says, her voice sounding stronger at each word. "Step into greatness."

"Don't give up," Skyler added.

"Stand tall," the couple spoke together.

"Thank you," Skyler nods slightly as the crowd cheers for them, taking a few steps back from his mic.

Julie puts her mic back on the stand, causing feedback to ring through the speakers. But that didn't stop her to keep going. She glances at Skyler for a moment and both of them nodded. Julie takes a deep breath before she begins to play a soft intro for the song.

Julie
Don't blink
No, I don't want to miss it
One thing, and it's back to the beginning
'Cause everything is rushing in fast
Keep going on never look back

As Julie sang, Skyler took a deep breath before he sang his verse.

Skyler
And it's one, two, three, four times
That I'll try for one more night
Light a fire in my eyes
I'm going out of my mind

Julie
Whatever happens
Even if I'm the last standing
I'ma stand tall
I'ma stand tall

The crowd cheers as Julie starts belting in her part, boosting a little bit of confidence. Skyler proudly smiled at his girlfriend, making her smile back at him.