tales of monaco, girlfriends and hickeys

a/n: i don't think this works as an "epilogue" but i always like to randomly write extra one shots for my stories so yeah...this came to me two weeks ago. 

---

«A peek into the after.»

---

"So she's alright?" Charles said as soon as he picked up her call.

Aurora chewed on her lip and stared at Sloane's figure sprawled all over the biggest sofa in the living room. Her friend was practically snuggled in a random blanket, she was so far gone in her sleep that Aurora could barely tell if she was conscious or not. At least she was breathing deeply which meant she wasn't dead.

"Yes, she's alright it seems. But," Aurora stopped and took a deep breath. "She was acting weird?"

"Weird?" Charles sounded rather amused at the fact they were even having that conversation. "Maybe she was still drunk when she arrived at the flat. Parties in Monaco get a little bit out of hand, mon ange." He chuckled. "She was at a party, no? You told me yesterday."

"Yeah, I think. I mean it was one of those events she usually gets invited to by her agency." Aurora moved a couple of steps closer to Sloane. "But first she didn't come back home, which she said she would, and when she arrived this morning she was so nervous, could barely look me in the eye. That was weird."

She stood right next to Sloane, she was so deeply asleep her friend didn't even flinch at her presence. However, Sloane did move her arm and it caused the blanket to expose her a bit more and that was when Aurora saw it. Her eyes widened slightly at the big blossoming hickey on her best friend's neck. It was hard not to notice when it was basically just a little bit under her jaw.

Aurora raised her eyebrows. That was something.

"Oh, maybe she was at that Puma event from last night." Charles casually said while Aurora bent to see the hickey up close. Sloane breathed deeply and she almost jumped back. "She does campaigns for Puma, no? Maybe she was there, some of the guys were there too, I think George, Max, and some others. Those things sometimes get pretty wild."

Aurora was barely paying attention but she did catch some of the words he was saying. Event, Puma, some of the guys. Sloane was never pretty private about her hook-ups, usually, she was more on the proud side when telling Aurora about her night adventures so it was weird that her friend looked so terrified when Aurora opened the door of her own flat for her in the morning.

"Aurora?" Charles called after her silence extended for too long.

Sloane rolled to the other side and Aurora took a couple of steps back from her. The hickey was no longer in full vision.

"Huh," Aurora said then shook her head. "Ah, yes, I think she was at that Puma thing." She bit her lip trying not to snort. "Maybe she just had too much fun."

"Monaco," Charles said with a mocking tone. "The important thing is she's alright, so that's good right?"

"Aha," Aurora decided she would've time to question Sloane when the girl was back on lucid grounds to explain why she acted like her walk of shame was really shameful. That was a first one for Sloane. "You didn't get invited to this Puma event?"

"Oh, I did, yes. But I had more important things to do." She could almost picture him smiling. "Italian things to do." Aurora shook her head, trying not to grin like a complete idiot. It wasn't often that she had the time to be in Monaco, so they did have to take advantage when it happened. "And I have lunch with my family today and if Sloane was there and she partied that much, I don't think I would make it with my family today if I had accepted the invite."