Chapter 6

Jim came to in the darkness, groaning. It was pitch black save or the white light pouring in the chamber through the windows. The events that had transpired crossed his mind, 'Let's get comfortable!', meeting Negaduck, meeting the new fan, Launcher, Scrooge, Launchpad, and the trailer that was supposed to have Darkwing Duck. Darkwing Duck was actively going to be marketed as a reboot when in fact it was a sequel to the original series and it ended without closure just like the last episode that ended with a cliffhanger. Jim was miserable as he rubbed his head feeling an ache coming around.

"Oooh, where am I?"

"Audubon bridge," Launchpad loomed over him with a smile.

"AhHH!" He fell off the cot then crawled back, pressing his back against the wall, sweat dripping down his feathers.

"I'm the good one, Jim!" Launchpad reminded, softly, shaking his hands. "You're in one of the towers; safest place to be at the moment because no one would ever suspect!"

"SaFeSt PlAcE tO bE?" Jim repeated as he bolted up then clutched the side of his head. "Holy shit, I have a fan who wants to kill me!"

Launchpad peered out the window with a long telescope as the actor freaked out behind him.

"OH MY GOD, HE MUST BE LOOKING FOR ME!"

"He isn't looking for me, certainly." Launchpad surveyed the landscape of the bridge. "And neither is Launcher."

"MY LIFE AS WE KNOW IT IS RUINED!" Jim exclaimed. "No, wait, never-mind." he rubbed his forehead. "my big ego already ruined it." he fell down to his knees. "Why did it have to be THIS ROLE? My big break! The best role in my entire life!" he paced back and forth as he wailed. "Whhhyyy?"

Launchpad turned toward the aged actor in his old articles of clothing, freaking out, rubbing his shoulders, teary eyed.

"You were entertaining."

He glared back at Launchpad.

"But that's too far!" Jim stretched his arms out for emphasis. "This kid is nuts!"

Launchpad grimaced as he nodded in agreement then the aging actor folded his arms, head lowered, stewing.

"Do you have a place to go back to in Miami or Florida?"

"What a stereotype! That setting is used too much."

"The weather is great."

"Okay, yes, it was the first thing on my mind."

"Where do you live?"

"I live in California!"

"I can fly you there."

Jim rubbed his beak thinking it over.

"On second thought, nah." Jim shook his head. "My address is on my facebook page, my twitter place, and other social media pages, even my personal website, he's got to have an eye on it."

"That kid will forget about you in a few days, Jim." Launchpad said as Jim walked into the starlight as he gazed down, grumpy, scowling. "Maybe getting a low profile is the best way to spend your retirement years." Launchpad turned on his phone as the aging actor's head bobbed up. "And if things are good on my end, not crossing paths with Launcher, offering my ride for skydiving."

Jim looked aside. His life was already dwindling down to oblivion, there wasn't much low profile that he could get, there weren't many fans who attended his events these days as there once were decades ago.

"You do skydiving?" He lifted a brow.

"It's a very lucrative business!" Launchpad stretched his arms out as he withdrew his attention from the screen. "Took a year to build my ride with some trial and error, it works!" he finger gunned back at the older man with a wink. "Smooth landing!"