Chapter 2

Jim waited for the bus with his head lowered. He had crossed a line, trying to kill a new actor, it was an acknowledgement that was made, and the press were going to get their hands on the story promptly, and spread all over the entertainment industry. He wouldn't be surprised if he was going to be blacklisted by the end of the day and all that he would have left is a pension and a very boring retirement. If he were lucky, he would get the rare large sums of cash from comic-con. If he were even invited to show up in the latest.

He reflected over his career, how his ego grew, how his injuries on set caused some delays and had to be written in like that one episode where his legs were broken after he had a skiing accident. He was still Darkwing Duck but albeit more threatening, intimidating, and devious, he reflected, fondly, being able to do so much without the use of his legs. He was the best hero, and now, it was going to be whittled away into a villain that wasn't quite recognizable.

"Hey, Jim, I need a hand."

Jim looked toward the towering duck then lifted a brow.

"How can I help?"

"I need a distraction." Launchpad said

"You're going to break in and shake sense into the director acting as the fainter's evil clone." Launchpad set his hands on his hips as he scowled.

"That doesn't sound heroic at all," Launchpad scowled as he shook his head.

"Then what are you going to do?" Both of Jim's brows lifted at once.

"I'm going to shake some sense into the star and tell him he's making a big mistake!" then Launchpad added. "Beeesssssssiiiiiiiides, I am the good clone!"

Jim's brows lowered as he studied the young fan with a squint. If Launchpad is the good clone then what does that say about the giant fainter? There was no such thing as good or bad twins so it had to apply to clones as well.

"What you want to do carries a certain danger." Jim reminded the giant. "And consequence on your record."

Launchpad looked down upon the aging duck as he grinned. Inadvertently, Jim had said Darkwing Duck's mantra, and the fan was ready to get dangerous. And it didn't hit as it once did to Jim.

"It's for Darkwing Duck!" Launchpad stretched his arms out for emphasis. "That makes it more honorable, heroic, and noble, saving something, bigger than yourself, even if you get arrested for it or like, killed, but that's showing your life is worth risking for it."

Jim shifted his gaze off the towering duck then rubbed his beak.

"Maybe there is something this washed out actor can do." Jim smiled then darted behind a building, next moment, he reappeared on the roof top, looming over the duck. "Darkwiiiinng Duck," he stretched his arms out, clinging to the old cape, for emphasis, then looked down toward Launchpad. "Helping out his sidekick!"

Launchpad fainted with a thud.

"This is getting old pretty fast." Jim faced his side as he pointed toward Launchpad then lifted a water gun and hit him in the face soaking the clone.

"What did I miss, DW?"

"Don't call me that! What, do you want me to call you LP?"

"Oh, he gave me a nick--"

"Don't you dare!" He fired at him with the water gun, again. "It's Darkwing Duck." he dragged his hand down his forehead then sprung his beak up in annoyance like it were a spring. "Oh, fanboys." he shook his head as he rubbed his forehead. "Time is of the essence, get your means of entrance, I'll be vanishing into my best role yet."

"What role is it, Jim?"

Jim could only smile in return.

"A very annoying distraction." He wiggled his brows up and down then tossed a blaster. "Here." Launchpad caught it then gazed up observing his role model winking back. "You'll need this for your quest."

In a puff of purple smoke, Jim was gone.