four | peter's good friend, spidey.

hide and seek!

-

"NOW, YOU TWO have a good day!" May smiled, playfully shoving a lunch bag into Peter's arms as him and Juliet began to walk out of his apartment.

Peter chuckled in embarrassment. "Really, May?"

"Yes- I cut your sandwiches like stars , just how you like them!" Aunt May joked, causing Juliet to giggle as Peter walked out of the apartment in embarrassment.

Juliet kindly smiled at the woman. "Bye, May."

"Goodbye, cherry-blossom." May playfully spoke, but then her gaze softened. "Hey," she spoke in a more quieter tone, "Do you want me to go with you and Peter to grab you new clothes for school?"

"No, it's okay." Juliet softly grinned, softly shaking her head. "Thank you, though."

"Okay, just wanna make sure you guys are safe." May spoke.

A crack formed in Juliet's heart. She hated that the place that she was supposed to call her home, was considered an unsafe haven. She hated it more than anything in the world.

Last night, May had offered to call the police on Juliet's uncle, but the fifteen-year old girl refused. She had opened up to May without telling him Peter anything- of course, she left out the 'powers' part. Juliet just couldn't help but imagine the horrible chaos that calling the police would do. She knew she was in an unsafe situation, but she was scared that she wouldn't get the right help she needed if they took her away from him.

Juliet hated to admit, but she also felt this sense of guilt for if she would be taken away from her uncle. His years of watching over her would be wasted.

Maybe I made him the way he was.

He never wanted me.

"Bye." Juliet faked a grin and waved at the woman, before following Peter into the hallway and towards the elevator.

A comfortable silence filled the air, the morning sunlight shone through the hallway windows that posed as a calm, comfortable feeling for Juliet. Juliet looked over at the boy, watching as he struggled to zip his backpack closed on his own. She softly grinned at the boy in admiration-

ADMIRATION? NO!

You can't be falling for your best friend-get it together, Jules!

-before turning over to him. "Hey, you need help?"

Peter looked up. "Hmm? Oh-yeah." Peter chuckled in embarrassment, turning to face away from the red-haired girl. As he turned, he slightly smiled to himself as he slightly furrowed his eyebrows in thought. He couldn't understand what he had begun to feel for the past few weeks, and didn't want to believe the idea that he could be falling for one of his best friends, but he did know one thing- Juliet Myers was a beautiful girl, even in her Disney Pixar Up pajamas.

Juliet stifled a smile as she zipped up his backpack, then patted it as if to let him know she was done.

"Thanks." Peter spoke, the two teenagers continuing to walk toward the elevator.

"Yeah." Juliet smiled, looking down at her shoes as she walked. She began to speak in a quiet tone. "So... Spide-y, huh?"

"What? Oh— yeah." Peter softly chuckled. "Yeah... I'm the guy. Was it surprising when I told you?"

"Mmm," Juliet thought, unknowingly grinning to herself, "yeah. Just because, you know, who would've known that it'd be Peter Parker to be underneath that mask. But, honestly, now that I know, and I put two-and-two together... it makes sense." The girl spoke.