CH 3: Main Cast

It is the first day of my job. As the main cast, I must act greatly, or else, I'll be replaced. As I enter the production studio, I-

"Oi, new kid."
A person who holds my shoulder turns me around and makes me face him.

"Hm? And you are?"
I replied.

He was surprised by the answer, he introduces himself to me then.

"How do you know not me? I am the greatest actor in the world!"
He said as he poses in front of him.

I was confused by his statement, I don't even see him in many media. I just play along with it.

"WHOA! You really are! I saw you in magazines, movies, and more!"
I shout while pretending to know him.

"That's right! I am Yonezu Hojou! The greatest actor of ALLL TIMEE!"
We shout to the point of filling the lobby with our voices.

YEAAHH!!!!

YEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHH WWRRRYYYYYYY!!!!!

Suddenly, both of our ears were pulled.

"HEY AH IT HURTS!"

"SSS-STOP!"
A woman was the one who does this, we are trying our best to get out of her grip.

"Keep the voice down, we got a special cast arriving soon"

Interested, Hojou then asks about it.

"Who is this 'special cast'?"

She then smirked and gave us a tease about the cast.

"The Voice of Heaven."

The woman then drags both of us to an acting practice room. Turns out that she's the director of a new movie. The director wants to see us act to determine which of us has what the character required.

"Alright, so let me explain the character. He is just a side character so no need to put too much effort into it. He is a detective who is investigating an abnormal phenomenon, he does sound like an important main character but I assure you that he isn't the main focus."

After the brief explanation, she gave us the dialogue with the acting gesture. Hojou went first and he did it decently, not perfectly though. He lacks improvement in his acting.

I tried my best to do so, but we got to the point where many pages of dialogue were exhausted. From what I can catch, that phenomenon is clouds moving in the opposite of the wind direction while the surroundings are going north.

It's pretty interesting, too bad the character is not going to be the main focus.

After a while, the result of our test is finally spoken by the director.

"Before I announce which one of you gets to be the cast, I want to thank you for your cooperation."

Then she explained every aspect from our acting test. Hojou lacks improvement in his acting and it makes him sound unnatural in some of the lines. On the other hand, my acting is still amateur according to her. She said that I still can improve it.

During all of this, turns out Eden has been spectating me. Knowing this, a weird unknown feeling appears within me. Her smile and lovely eyes, the eye contact we make is something I have never experienced. Eden then approached the director.

"Director Terudel, I request for mister Hojou to the role. He is perfect for the role."

She just asked that and the director accept it?! Why?

"Eh? Then what about me? I'm going to end up being a background cast, don't I?"

Suddenly, she... Holds my chin and said: