Throuple

You knew you needed to figure out what the hell you were doing. You were a mess. You had no idea what to do. Billy was sitting on the couch smoking a cigarette and drinking his coffee.

You hadn't talked much about last night, however you did tell him you were inviting Eddie over because you needed to talk to them both. He promised not to kill him, 'this time'. You heard a knock at the door.

Here goes nothin'. You opened the door. Eddie smiled at you, leaning in to kiss you lightly on the cheek. Billy rolled his eyes and groaned. "I said I would behave for the length of this conversation but he's gonna need to stop touching you."

Eddie put his hands up. "Look, man. I don't know what the fuck we're doing here either." You looked at both of them. "Can you sit please? I just need to talk to both of you." Eddie went and sat on the other side of the couch, away from Billy.

You stood in front of them, playing with your hands nervously. "I, um, well first, I'm happy you're both here." Billy grunted and Eddie winked at you. "I know that I have made quite a mess here." You giggled nervously.

This was a horrible idea. "I don't really know what I'm doing.. heh.. I just wanted to tell you both that I'm sorry and I know it's not okay to lead you both on or whatever. I'm not trying to do that." you rambled on.

"I just... I.. well I think I'm in love with both of you and I don't know what to do. I'm going crazy so.." You were cut off by Billy. "Look y/n, I don't know what you're about to say, but I'm not interested in being a three person couple or whatever they call it." He grumbled.

"A throuple?" Eddie offered. "Yeah, a throuple... not gonna happen." Billy said. "Uh, I'm kinda with him on this one," Eddie said pointing a thumb at Billy. "I'm not really a throuple guy myself."

"Oh my god, guys, I'm not trying to make us a throuple." You groaned. "I was just gonna say that I think I need to take some time to figure my shit out. Alone." you said looking at Eddie, then Billy. "I can't think straight around either one of you. And I know this isn't fair. I just.. need some time."

Billy's nostrils flared slightly but he nodded at you. Eddie sat back against the couch, lighting a cigarette. He also gave you a nod. Eddie stood up first. "Walk me out?" He asked. "Of course." you followed him outside. "I'm really sorry about this Eddie." you said grabbing his hand.

"I can't say I love it, but I understand. Billy is your first love and I get it. But I want you to know, I plan to be your last." He gave you a quick kiss on the cheek and walked to his van. Holy shit.

Billy walked out and stood next to you. You lit a cigarette. "I love you, y/n. I'm, uh, sorry if I didn't show that enough. I promise to do better." He leaned down to kiss you, then hopped in the Camaro.

You watched him disappear down the drive. Somehow this seemed to have made things worse. What the fuck were you supposed to do?