The Note

School Crossing

Milo and Mia lugging their backpack off the bus.

Milo:Wow,our backpacks sure are heavy today.

Melissa:What did you get in there, Osmium?

The three look at her questioningly.

Melissa:You know. The densest element? Periodic table. Boom!

Mia:Actually, it's a doctor's note. The school lets us turn them in in bulk at the end of the month. That way, the doctor only has to sign the signature page instead of all the individual excuses. Melissa keeps a record of all our adventures, so it makes it easier to catalogue.

Zack:You keep a record?

Melissa:Yeah, on my phone. The kangaroos, the tangerine fight at Mardi Gras, the asteroid...

Milo:The Llama Incident.

Zack:Wait, so you've been taking pictures this...

He sees Melissa's phone

Zack:Holy cow!

Melissa:Yep,both Milo and Mia get around.

Zack:How long is your selfie stick?

Milo:Anyway, I've got to turn these bad boys in today or else I have a month of unexcused absences and...

Elliot:Stop.

His stop sign turns around to reveal the words 'Milo and Mia' on the other side

Elliot:Milo and Mia.

Milo:Hi, Elliot.

Zack:How do you stop people who aren't named Milo and Mia?

Elliot:I don't turn the sign around.

Zack,Milo,Mia and Melissa: Ooooooh.

Elliot:Besides,there are only two people in this town I need to stop and their middle name is danger.

Zack: Is that true?

Melissa:No. It's pronounced "dahn-ziay".

Mia:It's our grandmother's maiden-name.

Elliot:Enough.You have to do what I say, and as the duly appointed public Safety Czar, it is my job...

Zack:Um,your badge says volunteer crossing guard.

Melissa:And this one says "ask me about my strawberry waffle supreme".

Elliot:They're quite tasty and they're half price this week!

Milo:Well, as delicious as that sounds Elliot, we have to go to school.

Elliot:I have my eye on you Murphy, and I never rest. In fact, I sleep with this stop sign.

Zack:If you never rest, how do you sleep?

Elliot:Very restlessly.

Zack,Milo,Mia,and Melissa: Oooooooh.

A truck rushes past and the signature pages to Milo and Mia  doctor's note is blown off above a tree

Milo and Mia:Aaaaahh!

Zack and Melissa:Aaaaaaah!

Citizen:Aaaaaahhaaaahh!There's a water bug on the back of this.

Zack:Without that signature page, you'll have a month of unexcused absences.

Milo:Holy cow!We going to have to repeat the seventh grade.

Melissa:Don't worry Milo and Mia,we'll help you find that note.

Zack:But how? This is ridiculous. I mean, that note could be... oh there it is.