Chapter 4: Graduation

Start from the beginning

Hange: "Who are you Y/n? What do you mean by 'I probably regret it now?' Gah! Humans are way more complicated than Titans! *sigh* I suppose I'm gonna have to see you again aren't I Y/n?" With that, the night came to an end, and the world continued as normal...

1 Year Later:

Y/n sat up against the balcony that sat outside of the cadet's cabins. Most of the cadets were solely focusing on getting ready for the final assessments to find out their rankings. However, Y/n had finally come to the decision that the scouts were for him. Mainly since it was the regiment Eren was headed to. Knowing that he has two Titan powers, and knowing that Reiner, Bertholdt and Annie were up to something, piqued his interest in following Eren's journey even more. Hearing footsteps coming towards him, Y/n turned to see Ymir leaning on the balcony next to him.

Ymir: "How's things going old man?" Ymir chuckled.

Y/n: "Just like everyone else here, I'm waiting for the final assessment."

Ymir: "Hmm sounds boring..." Ymir sighed heavily as she moved her hand onto her head. "Y/n...I need you to do something for me."

Y/n: "Go on?" Y/n was slightly bewildered. It's unlike Ymir to ask for anything.

Ymir: "I need you to flunk the test with me."

Y/n: "And why would I do that? How do you even know I'll get in the top 10 anyway?"

Ymir: "Theirs no one in our cadet branch that can even come to the level of respect you have. If I know anything about the military, they'll probably take that as a sign of you being a good leader."

Y/n: "They might but I'm exceptionally in any other aspects."

Ymir: "Ha! That we can agree on! But still, you're good enough compared to most. So what do you say?" Y/n contemplated his options. At this point, he was so used to detecting people's motives that he knew Ymir was being genuine.

Y/n: "Fine. I just ask for two things one return."

Ymir: "Great! I knew we could come to a deal!" She exclaimed. "What do you want me to do?"

Y/n: "Firstly, tell me why you're asking me to do this?"

Ymir: "To put it simply, I want Christa to get into the top 10. That way, she may be safe in the interior as a member of the military police."

Y/n: "You do realise she's probably gonna follow you no matter what right?"

Ymir: "Maybe...but I at least want to give her the luxury of choosing." Ymir's face lit up with a faint smile. "So, what's the second thing you want me to do?"

Y/n: "I want you to tell me who you are?"

Ymir: "What do you mean? We've known each other for how long now?"

Y/n: "Long enough that I still don't know anything about you." Ymir chuckled before complying with Y/n's request.

Ymir: "Fine. Before joining the Cadets, I was a simple homeless scavenger. I survived stealing from others. I don't know my parents and I don't care to know them. I was thrown away and beaten down by society. That's all there is to my life. You going to go through our agreement now?" Y/n observed Ymir as she said this. It was clear to Y/n now that Ymir wasn't the character she played.

Y/n: "Yeah...I'll make sure to go through with our deal." With that, Ymir walked away from Y/n, unknowing what was the right thing to say. Watching Ymir leave, Y/n heard family footsteps coming from behind him.

Armin: "Hey Y/n! I've been looking for you!" Turning around, Y/n stared down at Armin. He found it quite amusing how Armin looked practically the same as he did when they first met.