Whiteout Prophecy Theory

SPOILER WARNING

SPOILING 'LEGENDS: DARKSTALKER' AND ANY BOOK AFTER ARC ONE OF WINGS OF FIRE.

I say Whiteout has the power of prophecy, just a weird way of saying it.

For example, though there isn't actually that many times she speaks a prophecy, she does refer to 'holes' and 'sand falling' multiple times.

But my theory is about another part of the book, in two parts.

Part 1 - When Foeslayer just got captured by Queen Diamond, page 249.

"'The hole is too big,' Whiteout whispered. "We're going to fall into it forever.'

'Not forever,' Darkstalker promised. 'We'll see [Foeslayer] again.'

Whiteout thought about that for a moment, tears sliding down her snout and trickling over Darkstalker's scales. 'Only one of us will,' she said. 'Depending on who loses the future.'"

Part 2 - When Darkstalker saves Whiteout from the Ice Kingdom, page 321.

"'Oh no,' [Whiteout] cried. 'It's too late. The sand is falling.'

'You're all right, Whiteout,' Darkstalker said, reaching to take her front talons in his. 'I saved you.' She touched his snout gently with hers for a moment, then stepped back.

'I'm grateful to be unfrozen,' she said. 'But I'm sorry for winning.'"

They are intertwined. They both talk about winning and falling. Darkstalker saw Foeslayer because he 'lost' the future, whether that was talking about the poor choices he made or the fact that he was no more, it's clear that he didn't get the best future from that point.

We don't know much about Whiteout's future, but it seems nice. She has Thoughtful, and a dragonet/dragonets. So she 'won' the future, and didn't see Foeslayer. 

If Whiteout hadn't been rescued by Darkstalker, she would be in the Ice Kingdom, miserable. But it would make sense that she saw Foeslayer that way. Diamond would release Foeslayer, but Whiteout would be stuck in the Ice Kingdom. Foeslayer would die like any other dragon.

Had that happened, Darkstalker would've 'won' the future in some way, I think. 

I'm not quite sure how to say my theory, but those jumbled-up ideas all lead up to it. Perhaps that Whiteout didn't see Foeslayer because she got a better life, and Darkstalker got the opposite. 

Thank you for reading my theory! This theory is as long as some of my shorter chapters...