⚖ᴄᴏᴜʀᴛʀᴏᴏᴍ⚖

Start from the beginning

In other words, Chloé thought she looked like an absolute Angel, and the judge was sure to think so too. She even had on white lipstick with identical blush!

"Put on some more lipstick dear, you'll look as angelic as Aphrodite herself, and the judge will think your adorable." Audrey quietly told her daughter.

Chloé smirks and gets out some white Chanel lipstick, heavily applying more than she already had on. Her eyes then caught something in the corner of her eye and she turned to see Kalianna, her family, and who she assumed was their lawyer, approaching the table across from hers.

Darius pulled out the chair for Kalianna and she thanked him, sitting down. He then grabbed Vanita's hand, leading her to sit down on the chairs beside the plaintiff's table as the lawyer sat next to Kalianna with some papers that looked like photos.

"Oh great, she actually showed up." Chloé sneers, crossing her arms. She was hoping that Kalianna would be a no-show and that the judge could quickly dismiss the case, but nooo, Kalianna just had to show up!

"Don't worry dear, I've hired Steven, one of the best lawyers in Paris." André told his daughter, gesturing to Steven, the lawyer.

Chloé huffs and crosses her arms. "Whatever."

"All rise for Judge Henri!" A male judicial assistant says.

(Sukura41: I have little idea of what goes on in court, but from the Amber Heard Vs. Johnny Depp trials I've seen and many Judge Judy episodes, I think I have a pretty good idea. Bare with me here if the trial isn't accurate.)

Everyone in the spectator area, the Bourgeois family, the De-Sinclair family, and their lawyers, all stood up as a auburn-haired man, Judge Henri, made his way into the courtroom and sat down behind his bench.

Henri gestures with his hand for everyone to sit, and they do. He clears his throat as an officer hands him a paper.

"Here you go judge. The plaintiff are the De-Sinclairs and the defendant are the Bourgeoises." The officer says.

Henri nods and puts on his glasses, reading the paper, then looks up, putting the paper aside. "Let's first start off with the plaintiff lawyer's opening statement."

The De-Sinclairs laywer stands up.

"Good morning Your Honor, I'm Parker Vasquez, the lawyer of the De-Sinclairs. They are suing the defendant Chloé Bourgeois," Parker gestures to Chloé. "For theft, assault, and intentional harm."

"And they're suing for..." Henri looks at the paper, then looks up. "A hundred thousand euros correct?"

"Yes sir," Parker confirms.

Henri looks at Steven. "Mr. Pierson, you're the defendant's lawyer. Please rise and give your opening statement."

Steven stands up with some photos in his hand. "Your Honor, Ms. Bourgeois here and her family are counter suing the De-Sinclairs for emotional distress and assault."

"Emotional distress means mental suffering right?" Kalianna whispers to her father, and he nods.

This got her confused. Why was Chloé counter suing for emotional distress?

"Do you both have evidence for these claims? Photos of the sort?" Henri asks Steven and Parker.

"Yes," Steven confirms.

"Of course Your Honor." Parker clarified.

"Approach the bench." Henri instructed.

Both lawyer approached the bench and placed the allegation photos on the judge's desk separately, then went back to their clients.