Juliette, however, lingered behind when everybody left.

     "Something the matter, Jul?" Ricky asked.

     "Um... I... well, you know there aren't any shops around so I wasn't able to buy you a proper gift and I didn't think about bringing one from one because I didn't know you were going to come and—"

     "You're rambling," Jett exclaimed from the other side of the cabin, making them laugh.

     "I made you this," the girl said as she handed Ricky a small box. "I know it's stupid but I figured that... um... seeing that it's not only your birthday but opening night as well, well..."

     Ricky took the box and opened it, his eyes softening as he looked at what was inside. "A macaroni necklace?"

     "Well, my first opening night gift was a necklace and, since you don't have that one, I tought... I promise to buy you a better gift once we get back home, if this doesn't end with the Summer."

     "This?" he whispered, his eyes not leaving Juliette's.

     "Our... friendship," she continued in the same tone, taking a step closer to him.

     "Sure, yeah, you don't really need to buy me anything. We should, um, be going. We have morning rehearsal."

     "Oh, yeah, sorry," she snapped out of her state of trance and took a step back again. "I'll leave you to change."

     Juliette walked out of that cabin as if someone had pushed her, anxious to go back to her own as soon as possible. Her breath accelerated as she went over what had just happened.

     "I just did a very stupid thing," she breathed out right as she entered the cabin, attracting the eyes of all the other girls. "I just gave Ricky a fucking macaroni necklace because my first opening night gift was a necklace but he gave it to me when we broke up and I left it at home and why the fuck did I just do that?"

     "Hey, Juli," Ashlyn approached her, putting her hands on the girl's shoulders in an attempt to calm her down. "I'm sure he really appreciated the gesture. He loves anything coming from you."

     "Did he say something to you?"

     "No but it's obvious. You're his ex but he still holds you in high regard," she replied. "Why? Is there something we need to know?"

      "Oh, no, just— no."

     Juliette took her clothes and walked to the bathroom under the attentive eyes of all the girls there. She could hear them murmur as she closed the door but she didn't even care about what they were saying. She just wanted to keep her mind busy, she could not tell Ashlyn that she liked Ricky, nor any of the other girls for that matter. It was enough that Maddox and Jett knew but she didn't know how the others would react at the news. Especially Ashlyn and Gina, who had had to put up with her after their break-up. She could not stand them being as mad as E.J.

     Rehearsal that morning went smoothly. All of them knew their roles and cues, Juliette and Maddox made sure that every piece of decoration was as perfect as could be and, seeing that Val had already gone home, they helped E.J. direct the play while he was on stage.

     Before they realize it, they were all backstage getting dressed. The redhead ran around with safety pins and scissors in case anyone needed their costume fixed and her mouth was full of bobby pins as she tried to help Gina get her hair ready. All of them looked amazing, and she could not but wish to be a part of it.

     "You look amazing, G," she congratulated her friend, giving her a hug. "I'm more than sure that you're going to crush it out there."

     "I'm really sorry, Juliette."

     "You shouldn't. I've always been more artsy than an actress. But you? You were born for this."

     The taller girl gave her a last smile and turned around to look at herself in the mirror, closing her eyes and breathing in and out several times, which Juliette took as her cue to leave. She took a look around her, taking everyone in.

     "Hey," someone whispered behind her, making her turn around only to be faced with a tall frame dressed as a reindeer.

     "Nice costume," she tried to joke, but unable to hide her unconfortableness.

     "Juli, I'm really sorry about everything that I said. I don't mind picking up your pieces, I just don't really want anyone to break you again," he spat, as if he had memorized that line. "And I really do not want it to be Ricky again because I'd have to beat him up."

     "And he doesn't stand a chance," Juliette laughed, remembering their conversation some months ago. "I get it, Eej. But you don't have to worry because there is nothing to break me, we're just friends."

     "I just can't believe how—"

     "Five minutes, guys!" Maddox yelled at all of them.

     "Okay guys, circle up!" E.J. interrupted their conversation taking Juliette's hand.

     "Are you about to ask us for a line that inspires us?"