Chapter 3

When the letter came in, Malika's brain couldn't think beyond 'OH MY GOD' for like a minute, then her second thought was that she was actively exchanging correspondence with a total stranger and if  her dad learned about it, he'd  have her neck, there was no doubt about that.

She was slightly freaking out, sitting at her desk in her room with its pink walls. Right now, she needed the safe feeling her room gave her.

What should she do?  Should she open it? Throw it away and act like nothing happened? Because we all know that curiosity killed the cat.

'Whatever, I'm more of a dog person anyway.' She thought as she opened the letter.

 She really  hadn't  expected Adara to reply to her letter , if she was completely honest with herself . And then to get such a nice letter in reply, was kind of incredulous! How could she be so jinxed that the only person she reached out to was dead? And the one who offered to help has more problems than her? Who was Arsh H?   What did it say about him that he'd  help a stranger like her, especially when he was fighting his own demons.  All of this was insane, Malika thought, but at the same time, Arsh had taken  the time to read her letter and  write back. It wasn't  a short one like he was just being polite, but one meant to comfort and reassure, to offer her help. And help was what she needed, what she craved at that very moment.

So... What should she do?

Maybe she should call Nancy for advice? She might be a little crazy, but so was this situation.

" Hmm." Nancy answered sleepily.

" I need your help?" Malika told her quickly, before she chickened out

" Gun, Knife or just the shovel " Nancy seriously said, which kind of scared Malika, but she was sure her friend was kidding, right?!

" We are not going to kill him, Nancy."  She answered in a small voice.

" Fine, but can we at least ki..."

" Oh my god, we are not killing anybody. Can we stop, please?  I'm not calling you for that." Malika interrupted

"Then why are you calling me at 7 am on a Saturday?!" The woman pointed out.  

It only took a few minutes for Malika to explain everything to Nancy, ending with the dilemma she was currently facing of if she should write back or just completely forget about the man.

"Okay, I'm gonna use simple words, in the hopes that your brain will understand them," Nancy said in the same way she talked with her students at school.

"First, I can't believe you wrote to a complete stranger on a whim. She could have been some weird psycho, and she would have had your address! You're lucky your dad doesn't know or you would be in some serious trouble."

" Like she was going to come all the way to Egypt just to kill me, I might just let her as an appreciation for all the efforts she gone through, and I was sending a woman, in my wildest dream I thought we were going to bond over our mutual attraction to Hugh Jackman and m&ms."