"Mommy just sent me this pic of August." I turned and showed Shanice. "Apparently daddy came by so they're taking him for a drive."

"He looks so adorable."

"My baby is just so happy." I admired the picture.

Sending it to Aug, I then decided to send it to Kevin. Since we've been back, he's checked up on his godson regularly and I loved that so much.

"He is. I'm so proud of you though. I know I've said it before but you've been a great mom thus far."

"Thanks." I exhaled. "So what's the latest with you? We've been talking about me and yuh Godson long enough now, what's new."

"Girl, not a damn thing

"Girl, not a damn thing. Just the usual, work."

"Really? So no dates, nothing?"

"I mean. I've been talking to a couple guys but they're just not vibing how I expected it to go. More and more I'm realizing the dating pool does in fact have pee in it."

"So what about Travis?" I asked as we came down from our laughing fit.

"What about Travis?" She took a sip in her wine.

"Allyuh have great chemistry. Well that's what I think."

"Travis is cool but he isn't serious. He's too playful for me."

"Maybe that's what you need." I shrugged. "More playfulness."

"I highly doubt it."

"All I'm saying is, the few times allyuh meet up, y'all mesh great. I don't think it would hurt to try."

"I understand but I don't think I can do that long distance thing. I'd be too paranoid about what he's doing and who he's with and I just..."

Pausing, she looked at me, only to realize what she was saying. Picking up my drink, I took some and exhaled.

"I didn't mean anything by that. I was just speaking about me, personally."

"I know and it's fine." I gave her a tight lip smile.

Changing the topic of discussion, we spoke about her travel plans for Christmas. One thing about Shanice, she loved to travel. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have seen some of the places we've been to.

"We have to do a trip or few next year." I smiled.

"How, with that man of yours. Yuh know he's overprotective when he's ready."

"He is but I still can live my life. Plus I want our son to experience the world, outside of 'touring' with his dad."

"I love how yuh said that. Outside of touring."

"Girl, listen. I already know August is going to want his son with him while on the road."

"And how do you feel about that."