guitar by the bonfire

"God i hate this so much! this was supposed to be fun" Moonbyul whined, pressing her back against the nearest tree, watching Jia gather wood for the bonfire. she was supposed to help, but gave up halfway, the desperation had rendered her useless.

"aren't you having fun? i am" Jia cocked up an eyebrow and Moonbyul scoffed for the millionth time that day.

"fun? seriously? in the bus with Riki now i have to share the damn tent with Yuna, man i can never have nice things can i?" she rolled her eyes, lazily crouching to pick up a couple of sticks.

Jia shrugged. "i still don't get what goes on between you and Yuna, you guys have been roomates for three years now, no?" Moonbyul sighed, nodding subsequently. "to be frank, i don't get what goes on between us either. she just seems to hate me for no apparent reason"

"there's always a reason" Jia remarked and Byul shrugged, not really knowing what to say. the minutes that followed were completely silent. Jia figured Moonbyul needed her time to think, so she kept her mouth shut, even during the way back to the camping spot.

she wasn't sure where things were going, not this year, not now that Riki had entered her life, not when she had no fucking idea of why she couldn't seem to stay away from him no matter what.

He always had a way of pulling her back into his orbit.
Of course he did.
How could he not with those eyes that sparkled like stars and gaze that reached as far as venus, even closer to saturn, lips like a galaxy's edge and a smile that radiated the light of a thousand shining suns.
His force of attraction so strong even the moon couldn't stay away.

"are you even listening? Earth to Moonbyul!" JJ shouted in her ear and she could swear her eardrums almost burst in that very moment.

"shit man stop yelling" she groaned, bringing a hand over her ear, her eyes meeting the ones of her very irritated friend. "y-you were saying?" she smiled awkwardly and JJ narrowed his eyes.

"you've been spacing out a bit too much lately, is something bothering you?" he cocked up an eyebrow, slightly disappointed when Moonbyul did nothing but shrug in response.

"alright, pardon me, let me reformulate that and ask again, is Riki bothering you?" he asked, speechless when the only response he was able to get out of her was another shrug.

JJ sighs heavily, squeezing his nose bridge between his thumb and his index. "Byul, can't you talk?"

"yes he is bothering me" she finally answered, catching her friend off guard. "did he do something?" he asked, but very much to his surprise, Moonbyul shook her head as no.

"that's the point, he didn't do anything" she sighed, sitting down on the entrance of her tent. "then what's up? is this entire fake dating thing bothering you at all?"

"not really, no" JJ stood quiet and nodded, unsure if that was the answer he expected, or maybe just not what he wanted to hear, either way, he didn't love what was going on between the two. it was an odd pair, definitely.

"do you like him?" Moonbyul's head shot up in his direction at the sudden question, she arched up an eyebrow, trying to understand if he was being serious, but by the looks of it, he ways, he was very serious.

"are you out of your fucking mind?" she asks calmly and JJ openly scoffed. "if it doesn't bother you means yourself enjoying it"

"i'm helping a friend out" she crossed her arms over her chest, a wry laugh left JJ's throat. "friend? since when? stop finding excuses!"

"and if i'm enjoying it? what are you getting so worked up for huh?"

"oh no, trouble in paradise?" Yuna asked, watching Moonbyul and JJ argue in the distance and Riki snorted a laugh. "it looks like it"

"that guy has feelings for her, will she ever realize?" Yuna asked, handing Riki a snack who was busy watching the two attentively.

"she's a little dumb sometimes. . .most of the time" Riki simply states, taking a bite of the chocolate bar but Yuna shook her head in disagreement. "don't say that"

Riki arched an eyebrow. "getting a little defensive there i see" Yuna simply shrugged and shook her head. "i just don't agree"

"that's still defending her"
"it's literally not"
"yes it is bozo"

Yuna groaned in frustration, deciding to simply give up and finish her snack instead of arguing, it's not like it was gonna take her anywhere either way.

Moonbyul did not speak to JJ for the rest of the night.
He looked pissed, so did Moonbyul.
But she really could not care any less.
Not when they were sitting around the bonfire, Riki was playing the guitar and the entire group was singing.
It was fun, even if sometimes she would forget to sing, too distracted by the dark haired boy with the instrument in his arms.

JJ seemed to notice.
He was beyond pissed.
It was about Riki, not Moonbyul, don't be mistaken.
Playing the guitar had always been JJ's thing.
And suddenly he was the one watching and the spotlight was on the new kid.

Everyone, even Moonbyul who claimed to not like him looked at him mesmerized.
Even if he was the one playing, he wasn't convinced she would have looked at him that way.

it was now past midnight and Yuna had just entered the tent. Moonbyul did not turn around. "i know you're awake Byul" She chuckled, laying next to her. "and?"

Moonbyul clicked her tongue, but Yuna did not answer. She just scooted closer to her and threw an arm around her waist, spooning her.

"Don't touch me" Moonbyul mumbled, too sleepy to even try to sound stern. "you know i can't sleep without hugging something" Yuna whispered and Moonbyul sighed, nodding her head, too tired to complain any further. "Night Byul"
"night" she mumbled, getting comfortable in Yuna's embrace.

missed me hoes😼also i got a new phone soi don't have any of the dividers, bookmarks i used to put at the beginning of the chapters nor fontsi used for the titles so bare w me lol

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

missed me hoes😼
also i got a new phone so
i don't have any of the dividers,
bookmarks i used to put at the
beginning of the chapters nor fonts
i used for the titles so bare w me lol