The competition

I am sure you are not very clear by the title what I mean when I say competition. But Ana, yours and mine both know what I mean. Let me explain...
How many times have you told yourself you are not sick enough to ask for help? That you are not skinny enough... That you don't worth to live, to recover.
Ana is a competition freak. It doesn't only has to have absolute control over your physical apparance but it needs full and unquestionable control over your mindset as well. And it tells you the followings:
You have to be the skinniest
You have to eat less...
You have to be the skinniest
You have to move even more...
You have to be the skinniest
You have to hide your problem
You have to be the skinniest
Even if you know everybody has alredy realised
You have to be the skinniest
Why? Because you have to be the BEST
And you know, skinniest=prettiest=the best.
And once again, you have to be the best.

I think you get a sense of what I am talking about now. Restrictive eating disorders are not about being skinny. You know that as well, don't you? Deep down you knew it from the begining. Before all that happaned has happened. You knew you had no control, but you didn't see it coming. Because it didn't happen overnight. And when you realised you have joined a competition where everyone does whatever it takes to be the best yet nobody wins. Yet everyone is just losing everything. And let's be honest nobody knows who are they trying to overachieve.
I want you to see that you are fighting for something that even when you have it will not make you happy. You are only going to look back and regret all the pain, the suffering you caused to yourself and your loved ones.

Believe me, it is never too late to quit this mindless marathon. You know, you really do what you have to do to get better. I want you to think about what you are capable to do out of it. What you have the courage to do. Once again, believe me, you are stronger than you think. So start today, make your small wins and slowly but steadily you will reach your goal. The life you truly want, when you will be the best. But for yourself, not for Ana...

Stay positive and always choose life over Ana, because your life worths living, not wasting it...❤️