And so he did.

Tom Riddle had become the number one wizard whom everyone was afraid of. He had become Lord Voldemort.

"Aine?"

"Aine..."

"Aine!"

"Huh? Oh. What is it, Mione?" Aine questions, snapping from her daze. She meets the brunette's worried gaze.

Hermione sighed and closed her book. "Are you alright? I've been calling you since just now but you were completely out of it!" she stated, putting a hand on Aine's forehead to see if she was unwell.

Aine gave a sheepish smile to her, she wasn't burning up nor was she sick in any way. "I'm fine, Mione! Just... Lost in some thoughts," she replies and her friend huffs. 

"Clearly! Look at the bags under your eyes! I'm taking your duties today so you have a good rest tonight, okay?" Hermione scolded lightly.

"No, I can—"

"Nope!" her friend retorted back, popping the 'p' in the 'Nope'. She gave Aine a furrowed look, making the girl close her lips before she gets nagged again. "Have you been even sleeping properly? You always come back so late even when patrolling! And you keep tossing and turning in your sleep! You're going to fall sick if you don't take care of yourself, little one," Hermione remarked.

Aine simpered lightly as she looks down at her bracelet. 

"And now you're laughing when I'm expressing my concern!" she scoffs, unable to believe what she was seeing. "You know what? Maybe you should just head back to the Gryffindor common room and take a short nap!" 

"It's a lovely day out, Mione. And it's Ronald's first practice. We should be there for him," Aine said, jerking her chin to the awkward carrot-head boy who was standing in the Quidditch field. He was armed head-to-toe with protective equipment, his face pale with nervousness and he froze on the spot as he waited for Harry's instructions, unlike the group of other students who were here for the try-outs.

"Oh, for goodness sake!" Hermione groans, figuring Aine had a point. She exhaled again, her gaze landing on Ron with worry.

Harry and Ginny were standing in front of Ron, looking over to the group of scarlet uniform players who were mingling excitedly with one another. None of them paid attention when Harry was briefing them about the drill for the day. His voice was drowned out by the players' jabbering and he struggles to get them to pay attention. 

Thankfully, Ginny was by his side and she wasn't having any of their disrespect. "SHUT IT!" she yells, annoyed by the group who wouldn't listen to instructions. Her voice was loud and clear that those who were in the spectator seats could hear her fierceness.

"That's our girl," Aine smirks and Hermione smiles proudly at their friend.

If the players weren't listening before, they most certainly are after hearing the redheaded girl's roar. They jolted into their positions before Ginny takes a step back to allow Harry who was appointed as Quidditch Captain to speak again.

"Thanks," Harry muttered over to Ginny who gave him a nod and a smile. When all eyes were on him, Harry gulped and tried not to tense up with the attention he had received. He took a deep breath before continuing, "Alright, um... Now then, remember— Just because you made the team last year does not guarantee you a spot this year. Is that clear?"

The group of students in the field looked at each other, finally feeling the jitters when Harry announced that their place wasn't fully secured until they have seen everyone's performance. There were only murmurings before a handful of them bobbed their heads.