Solace In You

Deafening, yet inaudible. He decided that his mind was playing games with him. In a place where people were completely in sync with the music and the rhythm, he could only concentrate on the ice tinkling within the glass in front of him. This place was definitely not what he needed right now. Inky, yet flashy.

He rubbed his eyes, exhausted, and asked the bartender to make another drink.

"Breakup?"

He'd never heard a more alluring voice. Turning around, he was not disappointed to see the face of the owner. Impressed would be an understatement.

"I've been noticing you for a while now." She tried again.

That made him realize he had been stupidly gazing at her lips.

"Uh, yeah. My girlfriend dumped me. Hard." He replied, facing back to his second glass of whisky which didn't quite help him forget.

"Hey, join the club. Cause ditto." She said, sitting down next to him.

He chuckled.

"Who says ditto anymore?"

"I do!" She shrieked.

He couldn't help but laugh again. One minute a sexy stranger, the next a puerile girl.

"Okay. But jokes apart, I can't believe someone could dump a girl like you." He meant it. She was exceptionally stunning.

She smiled wryly.

"Thank you, Mr...?" She looked up.

"Bond. James Bond." He provided.

She laughed this time.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Bond. The name's Moneypenny."

"The pleasure is mine, Miss." He smirked, raising his glass.

An hour or two later he found himself sitting on grass next to the wonderful stranger he'd met.

"This is my favorite place to be when things don't work out." She hushed, her hazel eyes fixated on the twinkling stars above.

"My name is Arnav Raizada." He didn't know what made him reveal that all of a sudden. It just felt right.

She studied him, taking in the pensive eyes, the handsome face.

"Khushi Gupta."

"That name suits you. Happiness, I like it." He smiled a boyish smile, one that made her heart skip a beat.

"I'm glad." She replied.

A comfortable quietude settled in, the noises of the world preventing silence.

"I've never been good with feelings. I guess if I was I wouldn't have been dumped by a girl whom I didn't love. I've never listened to my heart." He disclosed, dejected.

"Then do so now." She whispered.

He looked closely at her. At the way her hair came down to her cheeks in soft curls. At the way her lips trembled from the cold. At the way those questioning hazel eyes had sparks of golden in them. His hands went up and pushed a tendril away from her face. Her eyes fluttered shut, her body moving closer to his. Arnav leaned in and held her beautiful face with his calloused hands.

"I'm listening to my heart this time, Khushi."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Nov 14, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

ArShi One Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें