↳ ix. DRAGONESS OF HEARTS

Start from the beginning

As much as Vyselyra would have loved to stay and chat away, more important matters staked claim to the princess's mind. It was of the upmost urgency, that her father was notified of it all—-even of the fake betrothal, much to her discretion. Forth more, if she did not mention, the young princess feared of the repercussions that both may face.

But there in that moment, Jacaerys wished nothing more than to be the light in her presence, to guide her once more like when they were children. Atlas, it always seemed something got in the way for there was much more important matters at hand. A kingdom never sways of quiet truth and a man determined will never hush cruel lies.

So without wanting to further the consequences nor of the outcome that may result if Jacaerys and Isen were by one another any longer—Vyselyra quickly excused herself from both, vehemently against the proposition. Her hair of silver fixed with braids, carrying the velocity of her valiant stride—bouncing upon every step she took.

Jacaerys rushed pass the confused guard—trying to reach for her arm, " Vyselyra please." He pleaded softly but the princess turned rather harshly, merely catching him in a flitch, " My father must know," she urged, " What Vaemond has done, he has over stepped." Exasperation riding upon her tone; with fists clenched. Vyselyra watched for a moment more, waiting for any emotion to flicker across his features.

Jacaerys, being aware of his friend's daring nature, noticed her subtle scoff as she made her way towards the exit. Concerned for her well-being, he called out to her, "Vyselyra, your father is not well at the moment." His voice trembled with worry, hoping his words would sway her decision.

However, Vyselyra seemed unfazed as she continued to walk away. Her steps became quicker, as if trying to outrun the fragmented pleas. Frustrated, Jacaerys let out a small groan, quickening his pace to catch up with her.

In a final attempt to get her attention, he gently but firmly grabbed her shoulders, causing her to twirl towards him. Face to face, he pleaded with her, "Let it wait till tomorrow, bring it up before your father and the others. They will surely help and guide you."

Vyselyra paused for a moment, her eyes locking with Jacaerys'. It was as if time stood still, and the weight of her responsibilities crept into her thoughts. Was it quite out of line for her to act in such a manner? Acting quite the opposite of young lady of noble birth. It was true she was quite stubborn, strong willed be it. She came by it honestly, as for her grandmother Viserra Targaryen was much the same. A girl defiant in her youth.

It was true to her knowledge and most, that her father was quite unwell. The last thing she did not want was to further his pain. Perhaps there was some reason behind Jace's words.

Then, as her eyes flicked back, trailing up the Velaryon clothing—eyes locked upon having the chance stare into another. A love that was like a flame daring not be kindled.

And there, as he gazed upon her lips, the ancestors above knew how greatly he wanted to embrace the princess—-to hold her from her fears. With a bated breath, Jacaerys summoned all his courage, wondering if he should ask the question that had haunted the minds of countless souls before him—one that would seal the fate of both. To see her to a home upon dragonstone where she could live out her days care free, without the incursions of the greens nor of Vaemond.

To be at his side, teaching much needed Valyrian, to be called his and no one else's. Where he could steadily provide the protection she so needed. The mere thought brought a smile to his lips, lighting up his face with a mixture of both hope and trepidation. Never to part ways again as they did when they were younger, he didn't think he could bare it anymore if she were to be barred from him.