𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙍𝙚𝙙 𝙆𝙚𝙚𝙥 𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩.

Start from the beginning

They recite their vows simultaneously.

"I am hers and she is mine. From this day, until the end of my days."

"I am his and he is mine. From this day, until the end of my days."

Quick to lay a hand on her cheek, "With this kiss, I pledge my love." Aemond announces, his eyes transfixed on hers as he captures her lips in a kiss. Visenya holds the back of his neck, grinning into the affection, keeping him close to her even after pulling away.

They move the event to the dining room for the feast. The room is overall quiet, the steps of several maids and cooks serving pies and drinks echoing despite smaller, ongoing conversations. Perhaps everyone was waiting for their king to truly begin the fun, one could never tell.

They stand as he is carried in on a chair, bowing their heads before sitting back down. "How good it is, to see you all tonight together for such a joyous occasion. Congratulations, Aemond and Visenya."

"Prayer before we begin?" He nods. "May the mother smile down on this gathering with love. May the smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long. The gods shall oversee the comfort, love and happiness of this new marriage ahead, Aemond and Visenya Targaryen. To Vaemond Velaryon, may the gods give him rest."

"This is an occasion for celebration. Not only has my granddaughter, Visenya married Aemond, but my grandsons, Jace and Luke, will marry their cousins, Baela and Rhaena. Further strengthening the bond between our houses. A toast to the Prince and Princess, Aemond and Visenya Targaryen, and to the young princes and their betrothed."

"Here, here!"

"Let us also toast to Princess Visenya, future Lady of the Tides."

"Here, here."

Viserys stands, not as tall as he once was, leaning on the table for stability. "It both gladdens my heart and fills me with sorrow to see these faces around the table. The faces most dear to me in all the world, yet grown so distant from each other in the years past." He snaps off the golden mask that'd concealed half his face, revealing the gruesome damage underneath. "My own face is no longer a handsome one, if indeed it ever was. But tonight, I wish you to see me as I am. Not just a King, but your father, your brother, your husband, and your grandsire. Who may not, it seems, walk for much longer among you. Let us no longer hold ill feelings in our hearts. The crown cannot stand strong if the House of the Dragon remains divided. Set aside your grievances, if not for the sake of the crown, then for the sake of this old man who loves you all so dearly." He sits back down.

Rhaenyra rises from her seat, beverage in hand. "I wish to raise my cup to Her Grace, the Queen. I love my father, but I admit that no one has stood more loyally by his side than his good wife. She has tended to him with unfailing devotion, love and honor. And for that, she has my gratitude and my apology. I have utmost confidence you'll take my daughter in as one of your own, and I thank you for that."

"Your graciousness moves me deeply, Princess. We are both mothers, and we love our children. We have more in common than we sometimes allow." Alicent also stands. "I raise my cup to you and your house. You will make a fine Queen."

Everyone takes a sip of their drinks with smiles, relieved at the buried hatchet.

Aegon vacates his seat, not to give any sort of heartwarming speech, but instead, he makes his way to Baela. "I regret the disappointment you are soon to suffer, but if you ever wish to know what it is to be well satisfied, all you have to do is ask."

Fists pounding against the dinner table, Jacaerys sends a warning Aegon's way before immediately calming down. He pretends to jokingly punch the older boy's shoulder, raising his cup. "To Prince Aegon and Prince Aemond, we have not seen each other in many years, but I have fond memories of our shared youth. And as men, I hope we may yet be friends and allies. And although it is quite sudden, I would like to congratulate Prince Aemond and my sister in their marriage. To you and your family's good health, dear uncles."