「𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞」

Start from the beginning

Bending down I lift little girl in my arms carefully, tucking her into the curve of my arm. Cooing softly I watch her sleep peacefully, feeling relieved we succeeded to escape the enemies clutches. Gently rocking my baby, little sushes quietly leave my lips.

"What did you say?! I can yell whenever I want, and she's a child!" he raised his voice, continuing on that left a small headache to irritate me. My eyes dangerously glare into his own, while cover my child's ears, feeling exhaustion and overwhelming feelings come at once.

"Our marriage was arranged, you should know that," I spoke darkly, trying to remind him again while his eyes widen. My tone grew colder, "If you want your life to be spared, I suggest lowering your damn tone.....I can't risk our child....in becoming a monster......so don't you dare yell--!!!!!"

Without warning my head jolted to the side, feeling pins and needles tingling against my cheek. My eyes met his unfazed, but the inflicting pain lingers as the warmth surfaces.

For a moment a look of regret flickers behind his hazel eyes, averting his gaze from my own seeing slight guilt. Shaking my head I head to the edge of the boat, keeping my distance from my husband for now. To allow him to cool off, and let time to ease us for now.

Fresh tears began to glaze over my eyes, threatening to fall down.

My chest grew more painfully tight, finding it difficult to breath with conflicted emotions flooding in. I didn't know what else to do, nor what I should've done better than run away to make it better. Holding my daughter closely to my chest, I squeeze my eyes tightly as a single tear rolls down silently.

"I'm sorry, everyone," I whispered, only wanting more but for the pain and guilt to stop.

*

A DAY LATER - PARADIS ISLAND

My eyes widen with surprise with how vast the land presented itself, as the sand dunes continued on for miles. How long does it go? Though it felt nice to be free, I knew titans roamed the lands by the conversations in Marley. We're safe for now, and seeing a chance brought the commitment to keep moving forward.

A small gentle coo reaches my ears, glancing down to the little bundle of joy with azure eyes. Her tiny arms reaching up, a smile with cute chubby dimples left me smiling back.

"Dammit, I don't know how far we have to walk!" Erich sighed heavily, while throwing a sack of some belongings over his shoulder. "Seriously, we're walking into a lion's den........titans are out there and we can't outrun them."

"Help me place Akira on my back," I asked softly, as he trudged over and helped me tie my girl in a sling wrap so I can help carry the rifle and a few things. Once he firmly ties it securely, I draw out the map mother had given me. "Thank you......now, there are three main large walls surrounding the King.....each district from the centre and out is rank by status which is no surprise..."

Wind blew over crinkling the map, feeling grains of sand flying into my eyes.

"Shit......."

Erich kicked the sand defeatedly, "But what if they know that we're refugees?" he questioned, his eyebrows narrow with curiosity. "What's our story, huh....? How will they believe us?"

Clearly he did have a good point, but it was best to be behind these walls than have my child take on the weight of our clan. The pain.

Trying to consider a few options I felt the wind pick my raven locks up, blowing gently with ease. My eyes follow in the direction, recognising we would be going North from here. From the descriptions of these docks on the oceans edge, and the giant wall just above us, this was the starting point.