「𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞」

Start from the beginning

Feeling the urge to cough I could smell the gunpowder spreading in the air, grimacing at the putrid stench.

The early morning fog drifts upon the waves, like clouds below, before I catch a dark figure upon a boat not far. Recognising my husband, it did become far more difficult to see and hearing the Marleyan soldiers drawing nearer and nearer. Swiftly I finally reach closer skidding across the gravel stones, holding my daughter closer with one arm.

Climbing aboard the small sheltered boat, a blinding light locks upon both of us, finding my vision whitening for a second.

Shielding my eyes, the sound of rifles echoes and hit a few beams and timber. They began locking and loading, realising how close they were. A line of Marleyan's all hastily aimed their rifles at us both, feeling my anger and frustration surfacing.

Dammit, I'm letting our efforts become in vain!!!!

Laying my child down tucked away from harm, feeling my blood boiling to an inner rage I held in. The waves crashed against the boat, feeling myself stumble knocking me off my balance, keeping myself steady. Suddenly a deafening shot sounded, feeling my ears ringing continuously. Without warning sharp pain grazes past my cheek, feeling my head jolted to the shot from the impact. My breath hitched in my throat, feeling the ringing like knives, stabbing into my eardrums.

Snapping my head in their direction, grinding my teeth together I swiftly grab the rifle that laid nearby my leg. Loading it within seconds, my hands slightly shook with my adrenaline pumping through my veins.

Locking onto the men before us, shifting my feet subtly while closing one eye to gain stability. Aiming the muzzle and index finger resting upon the trigger steadily, I could feel the wind pound against my ears while the boat sways beneath me. Not wasting a second I take a shot, seeing a body drop within seconds.

Adjusting my barrel again and took another shot, I exploded a soldier's brain matter everywhere in a blood mess.

With my husband trying to slowly drift the boat out to sea, the shots began to grow quieter and indistinct. Keeping my attention on the soldiers for a few moments, I lower my weapon steadily and slowly, while drawing a breath a of relief. Everything falls quiet, only hearing the waves crashing against the sides of the small boat.

Placing the rifle on safety, I nestle it somewhere carefully while realising we just got safe.

Glancing up to take one last look of the only land they know, her eyes narrow for a moment, "Do you know where Paradis Island is?"

My husband pinches the bridge of his nose, seething through his teeth.

"Yes.....I just found the coordinates earlier," He snapped back, anger boiling in his voice. "Shit, that was too slow!!!"

Furrowing my eyebrows, I shuffle towards my daughter who slept soundly.

"What is your problem?" I whispered harshly, while not wanting wake my child from her sleep. "Either way, the restorationists were gonna be killed....you included....so...so stop being so....." I grew more frustrated, that it was even difficult to describe my husband's rude behaviour. He suddenly slams his fists against the beam above the two, that supported the two with force.

Flinching slightly, my jaw clenched firmly even though I tried to remain calm.

"I'm not being damn selfish, if that is what you're thinking!!!" He snapped, fiercely. Swallowing thickly I stood my ground, "You're the one being selfish, dragging ourselves to an island that probably won't accept us! Heck, we're already an enemy to all!!!!!!"

Shaking my head, I balled my hands into fists till my knuckles turned whiten.

Lowering my tone, "Please be.......be quiet, yell at me when our daughter isn't with us," I muttered, already fed up with our continuous arguing and grudges between each other. "I'm tired, okay."