as I slipped it on, I noted how it stunk of pineapple pizza but I didn't mind. I then put my varsity jacket over the top, without doing up the buttons, it all matched perfectly along with my denim blue jeans which were slightly baggy.

————in sync, me and el left our rooms and made our way back through the winding corridors, until el stopped

————
in sync, me and el left our rooms and made our way back through the winding corridors, until el stopped. she slowly began to tread into the room where NINA sat, I remained still in the hallway. suddenly, the mechanics on the door functioned and it slammed shut in my face.

"EL!" I yelled as I leapt forward in  attempt to bribe it open.

"Y/N!" El's muffled calls for me could barely be heard from behind the layered door.

the door then locked in place with a quiet click.

"SHIT!" I exclaimed, still thumping my fists on the door.

"what's wrong, kid?" an unfamiliar voice teased from behind. I spun around to face where the voice came from, my raggedy reeboks which were covered in a brown, sandy dust scratched the floor as I did so.

my breathing hitched as I realised that these people weren't brenner's men, they were the government. they took slow, cautious steps as they approached me.

"who are you?" one of them asked.

wait, they didn't know who I was?

suddenly, everything just clicked in my head, I had spent the first thirteen years of my life trapped in russia. of course the american government would have no clue who I was.

so now was my chance to lead them away from eleven.

"oh, um.. I- I am eleven, yes, yes come catch me," I stumbled in search for words, "oh no, the mean government are going to take me!"

they weren't buying it.

"I will ask you again," the same man bellowed, "who are you?"

"who you think I am?" I asked to stall time.

the man grunted, annoyed, "where is the girl?"

"what one? there's two by the way." I replied with a smirk.

the man had completely lost his patience and charged forwards towards me.

with the jerk of my neck all of the men started to spontaneously combust into flames before their insides exploded with a loud popping noise which caused blood and guts to splatter everywhere.

a few specs of blood occupied my
t-shirt as I ran through the corridors, looking for a way out whilst blood dripped from my nose. I knew eleven was in the room with brenner so she would be safe in there, unlike me who was currently outrunning a large group of soldiers who belonged to the american army.

the alarms set off again as brenner and his men realised the base had intruders. my eyes flickered from door to door as I ran, soon enough scientists were also scavenging for escape routes.