𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆

Start from the beginning

Apparently, Miyeon found it so deeply funny to be standing in the canal completely soaked. She didn't cry, or yell at her parents that her ankle felt off, didn't holler in pain. She just laughed again.

The bruise formed bold and bright in the seconds Miyeon dragged herself out of the water, all laughter from her parents dying out at the sight.

This spreading red with purple blotches was only the surface wound. The real one was within, the fall caused a break in her ankle; and yet, Miyeon showed no response to the pain.

It didn't take long before Yu Intak carried her and made their way to the emergency room.

"I'm sorry Mrs. and Mr. Y ―"

"Oh my God is my baby going to die?" Sooyoung cried, wrapping her arms around her daughter, mumbling Korean prayers.

"No. I ―"

"What kind of doctor are you? Fix her!" Intak stood, giving him the evil eye.

Miyeon slumped on the patient bed and sipped on the orange juice the nurses offered. "I feel fine." She said and stifled a yawn.

"The infection ― it's already gotten to her head!" Now it was Intak who cried. "You're a shitty doctor."

If there was one thing people knew about Yu Intak, it was that he adored his daughter.

His child was his child, boy or girl. And his Minnie held his soul in her heart, and his heart is forever hers. His child is free to live, to learn, and love whom they love ❨ for there is no rule that can contain such a sacred thing. ❩ His child will always have his support for always and his guidance should they ever wish to ask.

You have a life to lead; so lead your life. Make your own choices, even when it appears there are none. And, my darling, always make love your highest principle, and you'll be okay. You really will.

Intak would walk through the gates of hell to keep Miyeon safe and feel honored to be given the chance, feeling only gratitude. For Miyeon is a sacred gift.

The doctor sighed, "Your daughter is fine."

Miyeon takes another sip and then continues, serious-faced, "See! I told you."

"Whaaa..." Intak mumbled. "What do you mean fine?" He saw it, the bruised ankle, it was broken. He knew it.

"I mean, she has no broken bones. She's fine." The doctor leaned back with a grin, winding him up like this was too easy but to be honest, he always had a kick on messing with his patients. "Kids fall off their bikes all the time. Since there's nothing wrong, you can go. Believe it or not ― people come in with real injuries." Then he left.

Sooyoung's face crumples, "How is that even possible!"

Intak makes his face straighter than a poker player's and says, "Minnie, never ride a bike." For a fraction of a second the corners of Intak's mouth twitch upwards until his conscious mind asserts control again. Then he says "Actually, no, I forbid you from ever riding a bike." His face was serious all the way from his eyes to his mouth, no pleasure at all, not even masked.

"Okay," Miyeon smiled, her grin wide enough her eyes closed. "Maybe we can get training wheels?"

"Yeah, training wheels will help." He raised his head from her, letting out a laugh as he patted her head, and sent his wife a look. Intak changed his face to serious just for her.

The whole thing was just a little freaky.

Miyeon Yu, daughter of Sooyoung and Intak Yu, was born with a 'superpower'. A gift, her father liked to call it, ❨ which she thought was more of a curse than a gift. ❩ because, in this world, she was special.