little mundo [longer version]

Start from the beginning

"Yay! Thanks, Ray! We should visit daddy! Bring food for him!"

"Don't worry, sweetie. I already got him some food." She assured the kid by showing her an untouched container of food from Burger Shot.

While jamming to April's old songs from the radio and the child singing along, Ray cannot help but reminisce the memories she has in the places they pass by.

Throughout the car ride and they were close to Dodo Logistics Headquarters, Ray did a great job containing her emotions until the little child spoke, and a single tear escaped.

"This is the happiest I have ever been. I wish you didn't have to leave. You're the only one who's always here for me."

"I will always be here for you baby; I will protect you and never leave your side. Ever."

That bittersweet moment came back rushing into Ray's head. "You know I'll always be there for you, right? We can still call each other."

"I know. It's just that you're my bestest friend in the whole world and I don't want you to leave and forget me." Ray could hear the pout through her voice.

Ray parked her car near the building and shut the engine off. Taking off her harness and grabbing the container with food, she exited the vehicle and went to Regina's door to help her out with the harness. When she finished removing the harness, she delicately grabbed the child's tiny hands and wrapped them with the warmth from hers.

"Regina, baby. I will never ever forget about you. I see you as my own and you are my bestest friend too! I may be leaving you physically but I will always be with you," She placed one hand above Regina's heart, "in here, always." She lastly said with a soft smile.

A wide grateful smile emerged from Regina's face. "Really?! I'm your bestest friend too! Even more than Auntie April?!"

Ray laughed at her words. "Your Auntie April is my gorl so you hold the title of bestest friend." Ray slowly let her down from the car. "Now, let's get inside and give some food to your dad, okay?"

Without wasting another second, Regina grabbed the container and skipped inside the building.

The building was now different after growing in reputation throughout the years. They were not only transporting goods within the city but also exporting and importing worldwide. They are in partnership with other local and international businesses that they started branching out.

After scanning Ray's visitor pass, she kept her eyes on the kid who was happily greeting the employees. The employees also greeted Ray, they knew her because she is good friends with Randy but employees who worked longer knew better about their relationship.

***

"Do you think our wedding will be huge?" Ray asked while laying her head on his chest as he plays with her hair while both were lying about on their sofa.

Randy thought about it for a moment. "Not really, probably just gonna invite most of the city. Not that huge." He sarcastically shrugged.

Ray rolled her eyes at her fiancé's playfulness. "Randy, I'm serious! I need to know how I should prepare for it!" She lightly punched his chest.

"Ow! Are you trying to kill me, woman? Save the roughness for our honeymoon!" He wiggled his eyebrows, making her shoot a scornful face. He gave her a sheepish smile. "If you want a small wedding, then we'll have that. If you want a big one, then we'll have a big one." He kissed her temple. "But make sure that it's not gonna be as big as my di---"