memories

"I'm gonna go Randy" Ray hung up on the phone without waiting for Randy's response.

She held on the steering wheel tightly as she screamed in frustration. Tears were escaping her brown eyes as she placed her head on the steering wheel. How would you feel if the very person you trust the most in the city, your day one, your ride-or-die, your best friend didn't believe you? All she could ever think of was how much pain and betrayal she has experienced within a day.

She wipes her tears away and decided to drive off to the pier to clear her mind. She speeds through the city and passed by the apartments. The memory of her meeting him by chance as she was looking for the alleyway to get jobs. All of the memories that they shared came all at once at her and made her cry again.

Ray tries to stop her tears from falling but to no avail. She hears her phone ring and she looks at the caller ID. Taco Prince. She didn't answer his call knowing that he was with Randy.

After she looked back to the road, she realized that she was already at Dean's World and already passed the entrance. She stepped on the break as hard as she could to stop the car. She turned the car to stop it but instead it flipped multiple times making her hit her head, graze it, and fell into the water.

The last thing she felt and saw was the sting on her forehead and the mix of her blood and the water before she floated into darkness.

***

Yuno was in the middle of an A+ boost cop chase when he received a call from Lucas, April's assistant.

"Lucas! Hello." He started.

"Hey Yuno. It's your boy, Lucas." He opened up. "I just wanted to tell you if you saw Pillbot's twat. They are looking for you at the hospital."

Yuno's brows furrowed at what Lucas said. "I didn't see it. I'm in an A+ boost right now." He paused for a while, thinking on what to respond back. "I'll head to Pillbox right after this, Lucas. Thank you for telling me."

"No worries Yuno."

He hung up on the phone and proceeded to focusing on the boost. He heard Raymond speak beside him who was busy hacking.

"What was that about Yuno? Is someone on Pillbox?" He asked being all worried.

"Hopefully not Raymond." Yuno tried to be optimistic.

Everyone knew that if you receive a call or get mentioned on a twat by Pillbot, usually it isn't a good sign. Yuno started getting nervous because he didn't know who was in danger.

They speedran the entire boost and drove to Pillbox. During the whole car ride, Yuno was biting his nails thinking about who among his close friends got hurt and Raymond realized that so he used up all his Nos to drive faster.

When they arrived at Pillbox, Yuno sprinted towards the desk and asked for assistance. "I'm Yuno Sykk. I was called to come here about an hour ago." He said while catching his breath.

The nurse looked up at him and checked the list. "Yuno Sykk. You were called here because the first emergency contact of this person wasn't answering the call." The nurse explained to him.

Yuno got even more confused. "Who was the first emergency contact?"

"It was Randy Bullet." The nurse answered simply. "You were called here because you are Ray Mond's second contact. She---"

Yuno's heart tightened when he heard her name and spoke up, cutting off the nurse. "What happened to her?"

"Some locals at the pier saw a car flip and dove into the ocean. She was rescued a few minutes after they called for emergency."