Chapter 8: A Snow Lion Part 5

Author's Note:

--------------------------------

Well, my loyal readers, with this chapter, we're almost out of chapters in this vote load.

Now the chapter after this is the last one, after which I'll post two or maybe three chapters to a stress-relief write, and then give you Aethan of Cidaris as my Discorders voted.

However, because a lot of ya's aren't taking advantage of it on Discord I'll be posting a story whose sole purpose is for voting. You can get yer votes in that one and your voice can be heard, from that I'll hopefully get a bigger turnout.

Be advised that if you vote here and on Discord your votes will be subject to certain changes. A double vote here and there for the same story will result in only one counting and your second being randomly placed elsewhere. If you vote on two different ones here and there your selected options will be voided and your two different voted placed elsewhere randomly. Do not try to screw the polls this way.

Other than that, though I have no problems.

Enjoy!

--------------------------------

(Winterfell, The North, Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, Westeros, GoT Universe)

--------------------------------

(Lucion Lannister POV)

--------------------------------

Lucion Lannister had said goodbye to his mother, uncle, and aunt.

It wasn't easy by any means, but Lucion tried to remain stone faced throughout it. Only when he saw his mother's carriage leave Winterfell did he allow a single tear to be shed.

Because for the moment that was all he needed. He could miss his family later.

There was a time and a place for all things, but only a fool tried to control that perfectly. Say what you will about Littlefinger, but he got one thing right....Chaos is a Ladder. From the Fortunes of Peace and Fires of War any Chaos is an opportunity to advance oneself and their House. Peacetime was the time to cement your latest advancement, while Wartime was to be dedicated to pressing old advantages and gaining new ones.

And if you gained more territory along the way? All the better. But you must never overreach on a gambit with more risk vs reward.

This mentality made his desire to wed Lyanna all the more important. But more specifically it was strategic move. Lucion would do his damned best to keep Jaimie out of the Kingsguard, Erich meant it was critical to arrange a suitable match before the induction and for himself to stay out of the light until Duskendale had passed hands from the Darklyn Family.

It also meant it was crucial to arrange a Match for Cersei with one of Jon Arryn's Heirs and keep the little fucker alive long enough to get Cersei Pregnant.

Now the reason was simple.

Assuming Brandon lives or not and so long as one of the elder Stark Boys marries Catelyn Tully this would lock the Riverlands down two different ways. North, Southwest, and West. If Jon Arryn agreed and it happened, this looked to be the upper part of Westeros getting locked down against the Targaryen's.

Which by Semi-Cannon Source Estimates was somewhere between two hundred thousand troops and getting gang-raped in the ass by the entire male populations of The North, The Vale, The Riverlands, and The Westerlands.