Chapter 16

That night Rosalie couldn't quite catch her sleep. She kept tossing and turning thinking about the bonding and the marking. It sounded like a really big step and she just didn't know if she was ready for that. Deciding it would be best to just get up and get a cup of chamomile tea so she could calm down, she did just that. As soon as she filled the kettle she was deep in thought. So deep, she didn't hear someone approach her from behind. Feeling a hand on her shoulder she freaked out and almost let out a loud scream if it wasn't for a hand being put on her mouth to make her stay quiet. "Calm down, love, it's just me"

It was Sky. The blonde specialist also couldn't sleep after the talk they had so when he heard her getting out of bed, he decided to join her. See if he could maybe talk with her about all of this. "don't scare me like that" Rose said, as soon as he took his hand off her mouth. "Sorry, I just didn't want you to wake Silva and Riven like that, they would've freaked if they heard you scream" "I see your point" she said, softly laughing.

"I'm also sorry about earlier tonight. We should have talked to you about this a lot sooner." "I guess I understand where you guys were coming from. I don't exactly have the best track record with bombshells being dropped on me. It's just- I don't really know what to do. I mean, I don't want you guys to hurt if I'm back in the First World nor would it be good for my exam if I felt hurt but I also wanted to take it slow and I-" "First, calm down, love. Second, we will figure this out. We can always find a solution, alright?" "Yeah" she said, trusting him and leaning into his embrace.

Hearing the kettle go off Rose pulled back to make herself some tea but Sky beat her to it. "Go sit down, love. I got this" he told her, making the girl smile at him seeing him pull out two mugs and making their tea. While enjoying the hot drink, they talked about lots of stuff and it felt so easy. During her stay in the apartment, Rosalie kept to her own room. However, after the late night talking with Sky she decided to be bold and ask him if she could stay with him for the night "Always" he assured her, putting away their mugs and offering his hand to her so he could guide her to his room.

Climbing into the bed with him felt so normal, like this was how it was supposed to be, and maybe it was. Maybe they could figure something out for this, Rose thought before drifting off in one of the best sleeps she had since she had slept in Riven's bed with him.

The next morning both her and Sky were well rested but still didn't want to leave his bed. "You know, I could get used to this" he told her, drawing figures on her bare back as her shirt had crept up a bit, making Rose sigh in enjoyment before agreeing with him "I could as well". Hearing knocking on his door, Sky told the person to come in. Seeing it was Riven, Sky sent him a smirk before saying "well well well, how the turntables" referencing to Rosalie's favorite show, making said girl burst out laughing.

Riven only smiled before turning towards his laughing mate. "How are you, princess? I wanted to apologize for yesterday. I'm really sorry we sprung that upon you" "I accept your apology. I understand it is not the easiest subject to discuss. Is there anything else I need to know though?" "No there isn't" Saul spoke from the doorway. "I'm sorry as well, love. We should have handled it differently" "It's fine you guys. We just need to see how to go from here."

"Easy. We'll go from here together. We'll figure something out and we'll go at your pace, alright?" Saul said, always the strategist. "Thank you" she told the three of them, feeling heard and loved.