Chapter 1

Thank you everyone who is reading this story! A quick one shot I wrote within two hours, split into three short parts! I would love all your feedback and if you like it I would appreciate a like or follow! Thanks again, hope you enjoy ;)

 Peter knew a lot of things. As someone who grew up in a not so wealthy family, he knew that he didn't have as much money as his friends. As a non materialistic kid this never bothered him. He had food, clothing, a roof over his head and honestly that was all he needed.

But now, as his converse were held together solely by tape, his clothes tattered and in desperate need of a wash, and the freezing temperature of the house Peter wanted to collapse in tears. Money couldn't buy happiness. But he was pretty sure it bought him a heater, new clothes, and stability and that was damn close to happiness right now.

"Peter!" he heard May call. He walks into the kitchen where she is throwing on her jacket. "I'm leaving right now. I have a short shift and I should be back in six hours Internship tonight?"

Peter nodded. "Love you May", he said tiredly as she waved and exited the apartment.

The second the door was closed Peter realized he had to leave soon. He looked at the time and frowned. On a normal Wednesday he would be going to his 'internship' but now he had crammed his homework and was headed off to a double shift at the local grocery store. It wasn't his first ideal job, but it paid the bills (mostly), and that was what was important. As much as he would like to complain he knew it wouldn't be fair. Ever since May broke her arm in a mugging (how could he not save the one person who matters most?) her shifts at work had been drastically cut. Moving out of his old apartment had hurt the most. Transferring to a public school had sucked. Tony never reached out after the homecoming fiasco; that hurt the most.

Offering him a pretty Christmas present and the second he turned it down no communication whatsoever.

Peter didn't care anymore. (he didn't. right?)

Instead he went to school, homework, spiderman, job, spiderman, and on and on it went. Ned and MJ? They became best friends. The occasional text was sent but otherwise there was no contact. Not like Peter would let it happen anyways. He didn't have any time to have friends. It didn't hurt. (but it did-)

He worked five hours straight. It was already nine by the time he left, and the light sprinkle of rain in the dark sky seemed depressing. Everything seems sad these days. Peter shook it off before running home, only to change into his spiderman suit and launch out the window and fire escape once again.

Four muggings later, helping two senior citizens cross the street, and six cats saved, Peter returns to his apartment completely exhausted. The lights seem to be off and Peter assumes May has already fallen asleep. He pulled off his mask and sighed. He could feel the eyebags from the lack of sleep.

As he tiredly opened the fridge he internally groaned. It was nearly empty. Peter had become accustomed to the bare three meals a day, not nearly close enough that his fast metabolism needed. Despite this, Peter really needed food right now. He grabbed a small slice of white bread knowing that was half of his breakfast tomorrow although at the moment he really couldn't care, and ate it cold before changing out of his spiderman suit and crashing in his bed. The second his eyes closed he knocked out, the idea of the next day being just as long and tiring as today hanging over him.