6. No High School Musical

The four of them sat on a log each, not saying a word. Archie crawled off Hiccups shoulder, lighting the fireplace, making the cave light up. Rapunzel ran a hand through her brown hair, awkwardly tapping her foot. Merida was pulling a curl in her hair, letting it go, and watching it spring back into place. Jack was staring at Archie, awe and amazement across is face.

He could believe it.

There was a dragon.

And it was right in front of him.

The guardians never told him about dragons. He heard Tooth reference something to dragons once, but that was all. He never really asked; he didn't think they existed.

But they did.

"So" said Hiccup, rubbing his hands together. "My name is Hiccup."

Jack snorted and started having a laughing fit. Hiccup glared at him.

"Is something funny?" Hiccup asked.

Jack slapped his knee, wiping his eyes as if his laughter has made him cry. "I'm sorry...but who has the name Hiccup?"

Hiccup flinched, hurt by this.

"Hiccup isn't a weird name. I had...I had...a friend called Fishlegs."

Jack bursted out in laughter, and he fell backwards onto the ground, but he didn't really care. He just kept laughing.

"Hey" said Rapunzel, a little annoyed. "Hiccup is a lovely name. Your just being rude..."

"And what is your name?" asked Jack to her as he sat back on the log.

She lifted her chin up. "Rapunzel."

Jacks eyebrows shot up when she said that. "Rapunzel?"

She nodded.

"Then how come your hair is short?"

She blinked, looking around as everyone suddenly was staring at her. She self consciously ran a hand through her hair.

"I cut it..."

"Well that defeats the whole purpose of Rapunzel not cutting her hair" he said, rolling his eyes.

"Actually...Eugene cut it. My fiancé."

Hiccup perked his head up at the name, turning to Rapunzel. He was going to propose to Astrid before the whole mess happened. It was comforting to know that she knew how he felt.

"Why did he cut it?" asked Jack.

"Because he didn't want me to help him."

"Why?"

"Because he is caring and selfless."

"Why?"

Rapunzel glared at him, her hands twitching from irritation.

"Anyway" says Hiccup. "It looks like we are stuck together. So we should go around in a circle, telling each I her about ourselves."

The rest nodded in agreement, and Jack smirked a little.

Hiccup looked to Jack sternly. "And no laughing."

Jack smirked, lifting his hands up in the air in surrender.

Hiccup cleared his throat. "Hello. This is Archie"--he gestures to the silver Terrible Terror in his lap--" And my name is Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third"--Jack suppressed some laughter, and Hiccup glared at him--" and I'm chief of a village on the island of Berk."

Jacks shoulders were shaking as he held in his laughter. "So? Y-Your a berk then?"

Hiccup furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"