a world of many talents. - 1

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"That makes it 4 times since the initial incident. Are you sure we have this under control Captain Smoker?"

Loguetown.

The town of the beginning and the end.

Protected by marines for years now, Loguetown has been known to pirates across the East Blue as not only the Pirate King's hometown but the final frontier before the Grand Line.

Captain Smoker, a ranking marine soldier has never let a pirate escape this island since he was stationed, but as of now, that record may be in jeopardy.

The Navy HQ was dead silent. Calling for all soldiers to meet at the headquarters was out of character for someone as strong as Smoker, and it didn't ease their mood to see their Captain so vexed.

So there they stood, patiently waiting for the next words of their Captain who slouched in his chair highlighted by the room, his hand rubbing his temple as his officer Tashigi finally broke the ice with her question.

A clear expression of annoyance was plastered on the Captain's face, his hand firmly clutching the handle of his seastone jitte as the rest of the room watched in anxious silence.

Tashigi spoke again. "Captain Smoker, what's the plan from here? This has happened with multiple suspects!"

Smoker did not respond for a while, throwing his head back on his chair before exhaling a large puff of smoke from his cigar. "These brats are arrogant." Smoker growled, not exactly helping the already nervous tone of the room. "Either they're idiots that can't capitalize on an opportunity, or simply playing around with their freedom." Smoker continued the grip on his jitte tightening even more.

"Regardless of the circumstances...one against justice cannot leave this island as long as I'm breathing." Smoker started, a now familiar tone of conviction now present in his voice. "If they think this is a game, I'll make sure they regret not taking those previous chances."

Smoker standing up caught the marines off guard, some flinching at the sudden movement. Smoker tossed his jacket over his shoulder before glancing at the soldiers currently in the room.

"Split up across the town. See any abnormal activity and you call me. We'll handle this and you'll be back to your regular duties tomorrow." Smoker commanded, the marines nodding in response. Smoker began to walk to the exit.

"Meeting over."

"I'll take... All of them!"

"All of them? Are you sure you have enough money?" The store clerk asked, staring agape at the mountain of clothing laid in the orange-haired customer's hands.

"How rude. Of course I do." Nami responded confidently. "Thank you for the clothes!" She continued, the sound of bells jingling filling her ears as she left the store.