Chapter 3.5: Sexiest Man Alive

Start from the beginning

I was scared.  So damn scared. After almost two hours of flying, I felt myself getting woozy and dizzy. I grabbed onto the seat next to me, trying to steady my breathing. Chris noticed."Are you okay?"

"Fine," I muttered, hoping he'd take it at face value. But he knew me too well. He sat down next to me and put an arm behind my shoulders, pressing me further into him.

"Don't worry, Peach. Everything is gonna be fine. If you want me to, I'll have this plane turned around, and we'll go back to the beach." Chris squeezed my hand reassuringly. I smiled, looking up at him, "No," I patted his leg. "You want to do this, so we're doing it."

Chris gave me a genuine smile back before leaning down and giving me a soft, chaste kiss. I closed my eyes. "I love you like there's no tomorrow."

My eyes shot open, "Do not say those things when we're 1,000 feet in the air and could plummet to our death at any second." I sighed, finally standing and walking over to the open hatch. The view was terrifying, to say the least.

I gripped the metal handrail to keep myself stable. The sun had begun to rise. The sunrise painted the horizon red and orange as I peered over the edge. I felt someone grab my hand. Turning around to see Chris standing behind me. He grinned.

"Black people don't do this shit, Chris

"Black people don't do this shit, Chris. We just don't." He smirked at my words and whispered, "Do it for me, and I'll make it worth it tonight." I squinted but nodded regardless. I took a deep breath and pushed off of the rail, hanging my head and holding tight to Chris' hand. Chris latched my harness onto his and chuckled, "You'll do anything for some dick."

I looked at him, "Unhand me, bitch." He tightened his grip on my harness, "Mhm." As I reached up and started to loosen his fingers from around the strap, he leaned down and kissed my lips, "Ready?"

I nodded, knowing that I wasn't. The plane stopped moving, and the pilot nodded to us. "Count to five, and keep your eyes on me." Chris smiled again, but this time, he stepped forward. I wrapped my arms around his waist, saying a small prayer. Despite what Chris told me, I breathed in deeply and closed my eyes.  Chris pulled me closer, wrapping his other arm tightly around me. My legs were shaking uncontrollably, but I refused to let fear get in the way of me from enjoying this moment.

Before I could make it to 3, Chris pushed us from the plane.

I don't know what made people find skydiving so addictive. Maybe it was the adrenaline rushing through their veins. Or maybe it was the exhilaration of being surrounded by nothingness. Maybe it was the fact that I couldn't hear Chris yelling at me to open my eyes. Perhaps, none of that happened because the blue from the sky faded into black. Then, I was out cold.

|Chris|

Y/N lay face down on the bed while I poured her water and took some Advil from the medicine cabinet. She groaned and flipped over, rolling onto her side. I handed her the pills and water and stood up from the bed, placing a kiss on the crown of her head.