𝚖𝚢 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚗 | 𝟸𝟷 𝙵𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢

Start from the beginning

"Oi– is someone listenin' in?" One mumbled to the other two.

However, by the time they rounded the corner of the snack aisle, I would be no where to be seen; already walking from the convenience store and out into the pouring rain.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━

My throat was dry as I heaved in heavy breaths; the adrenaline rushing through my body after sprinting across Shibuya's streets. Only allowing myself to rest my hands on my knees for a few moments, I lifted my fist up towards the closed door in front of me, banging it a few times. 

As I hoped for an answer – which may not even happen as it was almost two o'clock in the morning; I lent against the doorframe with my head hanging low, water droplets falling in a stream from my nose and onto the pavement. 

Lucky enough, the metal door nob began to shake and unlock, before being flung open. 

I met the wide-eyed look of Emma; hair and pyjamas disheveled, looking almost about to collapse from a mix of shock and drowsiness. 

"[y-y/n]?" Emma stuttered out, voice cracking at not being used for hours. 

I could only huff in and out, catching my breath, giving Emma a pained look. 

"A-are you hurt? Oh my god... you're soaking wet!" Emma began to ramble, pulling me inside the Sano household by my forearm, "let me go get a towel," she then declared, positioning myself at the dining room table.   

I stared wide-eyed around the kitchen; the orange haze of the light above contouring the deep walnut coloured furniture. Emma was soon scurrying back into the room; fresh towel in hand, which she instantly used to start drying my face. 

"Why're you here this late? You're not hurt – or being followed by a creep?" Emma berated, concern and exasperation, "do I need to go wake Mikey up? Is it one of those Tenjiku bastards Mikey was talking about–"

I grab her wrist, stopping her ministrations, pulling the towel away from my head, "I'm fine; and no, you don't need to wake Mikey up," I mutter, swallowing the lump in my throat, "I just needed to... check up on you," I then answer. 

Emma paused, a range of emotions passing over her features. 

At the lack of a verbal response, I stood up, "sorry, I shouldn't have woken you up," I hurriedly murmur out, moving towards the front door. 

"W–Wait! Why don't you just stay, it's pouring and too late to walk home now," Emma called, gripping back onto my upper-forearm. 

I crane my head back, staring at her few a few moments as I weighed her offer, "sure... that'd be nice," I accept, observing the way her face lit up at my answer, "plus, Inupi requested to meet with me and Mikey, so staying will make things easier," I then voiced my thoughts aloud, nodding my head.