Minho stepped down from his position for him, he was doing all of this for him. And their father, he knew his father would be angry, furious more likely and yet Minho was still doing this.

More tears filled his eyes, this time he wasn't able to blink them away. Instead they strayed down his cheeks, his hands shaking where they remained clenched at his side.

Minho wanted to be better for him.

Even after everything he's done.

Jeongin can't hold back the sob that leaves him. He hears Seungmin and Minho go quiet, but he doesn't get the chance to comprehend it as he sinks to the floor and starts to cry.

He can hear the rushed footsteps coming from the living room into the kitchen. Before he gets the chance to look up, someone's pulling him into a hug. Someone's gently rubbing his back and telling him everything's okay. Someone is holding him for the first time in a long time.

Someone was his older brother, Minho.

——

Jisung takes a deep breath as his knuckles rasp against the door, standing nervously as he waits for an answer.

He's not sure what to expect, or much rather who to expect as he pulls up his scarf and takes a deep breath.

He can hear the sound of footsteps approaching the front door before a lock clicks and it's being opened by an elder woman who looks at Jisung with wide curious eyes. "Ah, can I help you?" She asks softly as she flashes him a smile that seems almost familiar.

The same one Minho has.

"Yes, I'm Han Jisung, one of Minho's colleagues." He says simply.

He watches as her eyes widen further for a moment before she's opening the door wider and beckoning him inside. Jisung bows and thanks her before stepping inside the house.

He finds himself sitting down at a table, with a cup of tea in front of him as Mrs. Lee takes a seat across from him, a smile on her face as she wraps her hands around her cup. "I suppose you've heard about the recent news." Jisung says as he looks at her, watching as her smile turns grim and she nods.

"I have." She says in a quiet voice. He can tell by her face that she's worried as any mother would be if their son was missing and on the run. He now notices the slight bags under her eyes and the way red tear marks make themselves present on her cheeks.

He can't begin to imagine how she feels with all this happening.

"I suppose you already know how my boys have grown up." She says, her voice strained as she brings her cup up and takes a sip of her tea. "Minho used to tell me about you when he was younger. He said you witnessed my husband beat him once." Her voice cracks and Jisung has to dig his nails into his palms to keep tears from welling  in his eyes at how horribly distraught she looks for a moment.

He could see her heartbreak, her regret and guilt. But he could not blame her, he knows she's tried to protect Minho, he's heard the arguments before at the palace when he was younger. He can remember her shouting and yelling, trying to help shield her son from his father.

He couldn't blame her for anything.

Despite the emotions, she manages to keep her composure, quickly straightening up and clearing her throat as she meets Jisung's eyes and continues. "You must have come here to inform me of something." She says.

Jisung nods in response, pulling papers from his bag and setting them on the table. "Minho is no longer a guard of the Kingdom, from today on he no longer works for the palace."

"He's..left his position?" She asks, tears in her eyes as she looks down at the paper almost in relief, her eyes filled with a look of hope as she waits for Jisung to reconfirm his words.

"Yes, we've also had to break Jeongins contract as well. Though I haven't been able to get the paper copies I can assure you that—"

"You know where my Jeonginnie is dont you." She says, both cutting off and stunning Jisung who looks at her with a puzzled gaze. None the less he nods. "Yes, he's safe, by now Minho is with him. I believe they'll be returning soon." He assured her.

He could see tears start to fill her eyes, but he didn't make a comment on it as she nodded and looked down at her tea.

"Thank you Jisung. I'm glad Minho had you by his side."

He feels his heart clench, his hands tightening around the cup of tea as he swallows thickly.

"There's no need to thank me ma'am, I simply do what I feel his right."

/ HI GUYS, finally an update here too hehe, I feel like this chapter is a little short but I'm hoping to make the next one longer!

Thank you guys!

Have a good day or night 💛💛